Friday, October 20, 2006

It's A Good Thing

It's a really good thing...everyone is finally got jobs. Even in the local church. Brother Nowling and Jenna finally got work. Brother Grant is driving school bus (it's funny to listen to his stories, this is truly a new experience for him~grin), Larry got a good second job.Matthew got a job at the Alaska Club and now is headed to the Slope (the pipeline) as to do security (2 weeks on and 2 weeks off). I guess the Alaska Club is even going to work with him so that he can still work for them on his 2 weeks off. Although Jessa and Tim both need better jobs, everyone is finally working. God has provided once again and sometimes we forget to thank Him.

We now need God to provide vehicles. I desperately need one (but our trailer needs to sell first), Matthew and Micah need one. But I know God is able to provide. Also, my whole family needs to take the Alaska driving test (written) as to switch our drivers license and/or permits over (yuck, I hate tests). Before we know it it'll seem like we lived here forever (that may be stretching it a little)...we've never lived in this big of city before but Alaska itself is feeling like home. No snow yet (Menomonie has), temps in the 40's (Menomonie in the 30's). We can handle this. It isn't getting daylight though until between 8 am and 9 am. That's strange and is going to get stranger. So far this week I haven't seen daylight, unless I happen to peek out the windows as I walk by one at work.

Work was a nightmare at work on Tuesday and I had a meltdown, but I have really prayed each day and asked God just to keep me calm and help me to make myself stay with a project until it's finished as much as possible. So far the rest of the week has been good. I have really felt the peace of God in the busyness of each day.

1 comments:

Rebekah Doran said...

I'm glad to hear that everyone up there has and job and things are working out for you all. :)