Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Let Me Explain

Let me explain my camp boost. I only was suppose to have 5 minutes and I needed to deal with the camp deficit from previous years as well as generate excitement for coming camp. I wanted to share different aspects of camp fun being one of them...thus Brother Nowling and the marshmallow gun. The pigs have been the dirtiest cabin mascot for many camps that I directed. These dancing pigs were my going away gift from the Great Lakes Region. The counselors of the messiest cabin had to carry a stuffed pig around...although Sis. Tammi, you gave me an idea. I think I'll let the cleanest cabins babysit the stuffed dancing pigs and the messiest cabins have to act like them~tee hee! What do you think?

So I had this all going on as I was making announcements. I did have to stop Brother Nowling a couple of times as I obviously lost severals attention. But it definitely woke everyone up and got them to think camp. It also means we have to make some more marshmallow guns so everyone can have one at camp~grin.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Very creative! You could always have the dirtiest cabin walk around with a sign on their shirt that says, "Our cabin is so dirty the pigs won't even stay." ~hee hee~

The Middle J said...

I LOVE THAT!!