Friday, October 13, 2006

Minister's Convention This Weekend

Well tonight begins our minister's convention. We'll get to see the Bethel folks. Suttons were suppose to stay with us, but they changed their minds. I'm really disappointed as I was looking forward to visiting with them, but they're getting in late tonight and then have to get supplies tomorrow so they felt it would be better to get a hotel. Oh well, I'll still get to see them and fellowship after the services. Here in Alaska the conventions are Friday and Saturday evening and Sunday morning. Saturday morning there's a state staff meeting and then the rest of the day is open for the Bethel folks to get supplies. This will be the first convention in years that I don't have to plan a program. I'll be doing a short Youth Camp boost and Ladies Retreat boost, but that's it. It's good because I don't have to prepare but I actually enjoyed (despite the nerves) putting it all together and watching God pull it off.

The bummer of it all is Brother Nowling has to work as he is taking his tests from his Fed Ex training. Because Monday was Columbus Day they didn't train so now they have to finish Saturday. We don't know yet if it'll be a full day or not. So any way tonight will be hectic and I will be carless tomorrow so Jessa has to share with me...

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I hope you guys have wonderful fellowship with one another, but especially with the Lord! Tell everyone hello and thank you for their prayers!

Momma Tammi said...

How was the convention? I'm feeling much better. Thanks for all the prayers.