Thursday, October 05, 2006

I Feel The Shoe Falling

Well today I felt the shoe falling. My job has been sooooooooooooo stressful. The girl that I replaced has made LOTS of mistakes. Around every corner I was being given another mistake to resolve, grrrrrrr. I worked 4 hours Saturday to get caught up and I'm so behind again. My desk looks like it threw up paper!!!

Then I come home and there's 27 boxes of books sitting through out the house. Brother Nowling's office books that a friend in Menomonie sent up sporadically all arrived today! Poor Brother Nowling is trying to figure out where in the small "cold storage" room that is being turned into his office, is he going to put all these books, old White Wings, Old Happy Harvestors, etc.

Then if you remember I said Brother Nowling got a job at Fed Ex, he still hasn't started. He had his drug test Friday and was suppose to start training this week when the drug test results came back...he hasn't heard anything. Tomorrow he has an interview with Pepsi---Sister Becki he will actually be a traitor to Coke (he is a Diet Coke enthusiast, it's nothing for him to have several a day), but if the pay and hours are right; yes he'll be traitor and work Pepsi, but I'm confident he'll still drink his Diet Coke.

You've read about Jenna's not getting a job yet. Well Jessa has one and is greatful that she does, but she's begging to quit because she hates it.

Then there's Joleesa she's been literally crying "I want to go home" to Menomonie. She's having a rough time; she's missing her friends in Menomonie. To say the least tears were shed today!!!

We've been here almost a month and I haven't even seen all of Anchorage. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever feel comfortable in this big city. I have to have maps drawn for every place I go. Going from population of 14,000 to 265,00, I feel like an ant. I've only driven to work and the grocery store (by myself). I drove with Josh and Micah to Dimond area last Sunday but that's it. Saturday I've asked to go for a drive to Wassila, Girdwood, or somewhere not to far but will allow me to see some of the sights.

I guess a month really isn't that long but I want to feel at home in Anchorage, and it's hard to feel at home where don't know where anything is. By the way grocery shopping is the pits here. I don't know what brands to buy and I'm finding I need to be careful as to the quantity as things spoil really fast. Milk was spoiled just after a week. A block of cheese had mold on it and buns molded just a few days after I brought them home. And we're not even talking about how expensive everything is.

All and all though I felt the shoe falling, it really didn't hit bottom as in service, out of stress and fatique as I was trying to lead song service singing "Never Alone" and "Count Your Blessings" I couldn't get the tears to abate. The people were precious as I tried to explain and the spirit was so loving. So though I felt like the other shoe was dropping (by the way if you don't know what I'm talking about, read my previous post "Ever Wonder" and read the comments) my God was good once again and kept it from hitting bottom!

5 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Bless your hearts! I'm so tired right now, that I can't think of anything anymore intelligent than that. I do know one thing, God is right by your sides and He will see each one through the valley that you are all facing. Praying!

J Nowling said...

Bless your heart Sister. I know your weariness. I'll be praying for you to have strength.

The Middle J said...

Momma Tammi thank you!! I know you said you couldn't think of anything more intelligent but it was the love and effort that was just as much as an enchoragement as your words were.

love you!

Vicki Smith said...

Hang in there guys. You WILL feel better again and you WILL feel encouraged again. Just remind yourselves that you are in Anchorage on business for the King. Remember our life here is but a vapor and this "business trip" you're on is only temporary. You'll get to go home one day (and I don't mean Menomonie) and it will be worth it all. One day, bye and bye, we'll "tell the story how we've overcome" and we'll enjoy the presence of the Lord forever. It's probably not as far off as the devil would have us think. Keep counting your blessings and nourishing a grateful heart. God inhabits the praises of His people. AMEN!
(P.S.-Please copy this post and send it to me when I'm feeling down and low about having to move to Cleveland, will ya?) :-)

Anonymous said...

I haven't posted because I did not want to be a hypocrit. LOL!
Things are not really better or worse, but I did have a momentary revelation. (Hope it lasts.:0))
It rains on us all and one thing about it is that we have Abba (spelling?), Father, to run to for refuge.
Sometimes I get frustrated because things aren't always rosey, but Sunday, the words to a song we sung, stood out to me. "I prove him or and or..."
He has never let me go through something that it wasn't for my learning or benefit in some way. In that moment of that song, the Lord chose to reveal to me some things about my life and what He was working on in my life.
I might share with you soon, but not on the internet!LOL!
We are here in Bethel for a purpose and we are beginning to realize it is not just to Pastor, but to grow ourselves.
My chleoricness wants everything done a certain way and them my melancholyness sits and cries when it doesn't happen that way.LOL!
I guess what I am trying to say is stop worrying about the other foot. If it does fall you have sisters who will be there for you and ABBA Father, who knows the very hairs of your head.

Disclaimer: Yes I know I am a big hippocrit, but I am learning to be better.LOL!