Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Cold....

OK it is a little early to be this cold! We have attempted to see various parts of Alaska but it is so cold that we haven't been able to really enjoy it. We went to Portage Glacier and Aleyeska Saturday. It was a beautiful winter wonderland but the wind made it toooooo cold to be out there to long.

Not a lot happening here. Usually by this time we would have started our Christmas shopping. We've talked about it...but I have only got a couple of things. Usually the evening of Thanksgiving we decorate for Christmas, but I don't know if we can get a real Christmas tree that early. Then trying to figure where we'll put it is going to be a challenge in our small place. I am anxious to get decorating as it will add some life to our place.

Then the Christmas shopping...it'll be different as the "ususal" stores aren't here for me to shop at.

So besides cold weather, thoughts of Thanksgiving turkey, thinking of Christmas decorating and gifts, work and church nothing new here.

3 comments:

Hershey Bar said...

We actually warmed up today, what a difference. BTW, I like your new pic!

Vicki Smith said...

You might consider online shopping. We started doing that a few years ago when we lived in the middle of Colorado--100 miles from the closest mall. I don't like malls anyway; or at leaast I don't like the atmosphere. I always feel like I've been spiritually soiled after going to a mall, what with some of the window displays and then some of the "mall dwellers." *shiver* Anyway, you can get some pretty good deals online, then if the gifts are for someone who lives far away, have them shipped to someone who will wrap them for you and hand deliver them. Especially with the prices in Alaska, I would think you'd be a lot better off to cybershop. ;-) Okay, I know it's just not the same, but think on the bright sida: 1) no traffic to fight 2) cheaper prices 3) you can shop ANY time of day or night 4) shipping charges are often included, making your bargain deal even better!

Momma Tammi said...

I have to second that. With us living overseas and now in Canada, it is so much easier and cost effective to order it and have it mailed to either someone who is willing to wrap and deliver or straight to the individual. Most places will do a gift invoice so that the recepient doesn't know what you spent, but can exchange it if they need to.