Wednesday, November 01, 2006

One more sign that I've become an Alaskan

I now have studded tires. Yup! I'm feeling more and more like an Alaskan. Not a bad thing. I'm little by little feeling at home. Then at the same time there's time it hits me, I'm really in Alaska. This is not a vacation. This IS home. Alaska home! I still can't believe it at times.

Hey a cool thing happened at work yesterday. My boss called for me to come into his office for about 10 minutes. I get in there and his boss is in there and they asked for me to close the door. They let me know they filled the vacant spot (pending the drug test results) and then proceeded to thank me profusely for all that I stepped into and how well I handled it. Then a knock comes at the door and it's my bosses, bosses boss. He asks if he might interrupt for a moment and he turns to me and says he is so glad I've joined ADN, that they couldn't have had a better fit for that desk (the national desk). I then took advantage to, no not ask for more money, but ask for overtime as I need it and then asked for help with a stack of clients needing affadavits. I received a all inclusive yes for overtime whenever I felt it was necessary and that stack off papers needing affadavits is no longer on my desk. It was pretty "sweet" to say the least.

Have I said God is good!

3 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Totally awesome! So happy for you!

I still have days, when I look around and think, "Wow! I actually live in Canada." I don't think that feeling ever goes completely way.

Vicki Smith said...

Is God good? FOR SURE!!!!

Living in Alaska is many people's dream, including my husband's. Either Alaska or Montana. That's where he always wished to live until we move to heaven. ;-) But we're happy living wherever the Lord wants us. There's no happiness outside God's will.

Tammy Washburn said...

It is absolutely beautiful country, but it is absolutely tooooooo cooooooold for this southern girl. I like snow for 3 days, then it needs to go away. The Alabama Blizzard in '97 with 21 inches was fun for about 2 days. After that..........:(