Thursday, November 23, 2006



Though for most of you this day is almost over, I didn't want to wish the opportunity to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.
I started my day waking up at 5 am and not able to get back to sleep...I laid there with my thinking of so many things but my parents were in the forefront. I've been wanting to call them but the time difference has been a problem. I was still awake at 7 am so I got up and called them. It was a good visit. It's been a couple of years since we've been together at Thanksgiving but for some reason just knowing it's next to impossible to be together made me really miss them. After taling for about 20 minutes I climbed into bed (as it was still dark and stays dark until about 8:30 am). I think I might have dozed but not sleep so I got up and started our turkey. Then we all worked together to clean and rearrange the house to get ready for our Christmas tree and our Christmas decorating. We then had a great dinner, cleaned up and as some of the girls and Brother Nowling nap I'm listening to the Gaither Christmas in Africa (I love their music)and I guess what Sis. Smith and Sister Tammy...I CHRISTMAS SHOPPED ON-LINE! Not bad, didn't have to leave the comfort of the couch, no crowd, and I had great music going. But I enjoy Christmas shopping. Brother Nowling hates it shopping so I usually wind up going by myself. But even then I enjoy it. And I love the Christmas departments. Even if I don't buy, I love looking.

Well I'm going to go get the homemade pumpkin pie that Sister Texter gave us, scoop on the whip cream and watch White Christmas (maybe). By the way, the Christmas decorating didn't get done...our energy fizzeled out and we weren't able to get our tree. We'll probably do it Saturday night. We're still trying to decide whether to go artificial or real!!!

Hope everyone had a great day.

2 comments:

Grace & Co said...

Hey! I've moved Blogs! It's now imasocialbutterfly.blogspot.com

Momma Tammi said...

Hope you found some great bargains during your online shopping. I still like going to the stores to walk around and see all the festive decorations.