Sunday, November 12, 2006

GUESS WHAT!

You'll never guess what I'm doing right...I'm using Jenna's new Mac. I haven't quite figured out why she was so willing to let me use...unless she thought I couldn't figure it out; but I've obviously proved her wrong--tee hee.

Not a whole lot new happening here. Brother Nowling and I went to Eagle River in search of a Book and Bible Store. Yes--how sad is that, we had to leave the big city to go to a small town as to find a book and Bible store. It was a good sized one that had a room of "used" books as well as has it's own coffee shop. From there we came back to Anchorage to the native hospital visit a 12 year boy from a village outside of Bethel that was shot. Brother Nowling and Larry went to visit them Friday (Brother Sutton had called him about it)and she had mentioned she left in such a hurry she forgot to grab her Bible; hence why we wanted a Book and Bible store. She picked her up and inexpensive but pretty white Bible and put it from The Church of God Anchorage/Bethel. When we got there, there was no one in the room but their things were there so we put the Bible on her things along with Brother Nowling's business card. Please remember this family in your prayers.

After we got done we decided to finally take a drive up to Hillside (up the mountain). It is gorgeous! The houses are mansions, the sun was setting over the mountain and the inlet and I really wished I had a camera. It was breath taking and as it settled lower and the lights of the sitting came on. This is the most beautiful place I've ever lived. I am ever in awe of the beauty of this area. I can't believe they're not just pictures...this is where we live. I want to take one of these beautiful pictures and turn it into a puzzle for my mother-in-law.

The best thing about it all, is there is so much more to see!

1 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I agree that Alaska has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth--certainly the United States! Be sure to take advantage of seeing all you can see while you're there, no matter how long that may be. And take lots of pictures. :-)