Monday, November 27, 2006

The Kid In Me...

Christmas brings out the kid me, so that's why the Winnie Pooh scene. Jenna's done it again...although the picture is bigger than we wanted, she had a difficult time finding one that would work. Micah I want you to know I saved your template because I will definately be going back to it. When trying to decide on a template I was trying to find something pretty; after all someone my age should have something that reflects that she's an adult...but the kid in me won out. I have always loved Pooh...and Eeyore, Tiger and Piglet too! My watch has Pooh on it. I have clothing with the different characters on it. I don't think I'll ever out grow Pooh! Thankfully Joleesa also liked Pooh. Maybe not to the extreme that I do and she is outgrowing him although her stuffed Pooh still goes a lot of places with her. She gave me an excuse to buy Pooh~sticking out bottom lip in a pout~but not any more. I also think teddy bears are adorable. At one time we had a Christmas tree that had only bears on it. My mom even found a string of bear lights (that I still have but didn't put up). The only thing that wasn't a bear was the angel on top; that is until Brother Nowling had complained it didn't seem like it was his tree at all so I put a hook on an empty diet coke can and hung it. I had bears through out the house and had quite the collection of stuffed bears that I parted with a great number of when we left Menomonie. I have out grown the bears as I really have no desire to have bears displayed in my house...I want beauty and class now.

But the Kid in me holds on to Pooh. Loves guessing the gifts as Christmas time (even if I'm at someone elses house~lowers head in embarrassment) but I don't get under the tree and shake them like I use to (even at friends houses)and I take my time trying to find the "perfect gift" for my family and friends.

I love Christmas. The "silent night" scenes, the music, the lights, the gifts, carolling. Don't let yourself get to busy to enjoy Christmas. If you're too busy, let something go! Enjoy the peace, joy and hope that Christmas represents.

7 comments:

Rebekah Doran said...

That's cute Sis. Nowling. Jacob likes Pooh too. His excuse is our 4 kids. They all like Pooh. :)

Rebekah Doran said...

I like that picture of you and your husband.

Momma Tammi said...

I like Pooh too and Eyeore and Tigger! My nephew is my excuse. ~smile~

Grace & Co said...

I don't have an excuse! I just love 'em all! Eeyore is definitely my favorite though. :-)

J Nowling said...

Most everyone loves them all but has a favorite...but I've never known anyone to have Piglet as there favorite including me. I'm a Pooh or Eyore fan myself.

J Nowling said...

By the way thanks Sister Rebekkah for the complement on our picture. That is actually at the Prince Hotel at the Alyeska (?) ski resort. Brother Nowling wants the moose on our wall. I told he can have one even above the fire place when we get a BIGGER house with a fireplace ~smug grin

Vicki Smith said...

Sister Jada, I'm loving your new template. I'm STILL a little girl and I don't want to ever grow up. My house has teddy bears in nearly every room. I haven't felt the urge to get "class" yet, and my version of "beauty" is casual and primitive. *giggling* All your Christmas decor sounds lovely and I'm happy to enjoy it with you, in my mind. I won't be decorating for Christmas AGAIN this year--two years in a row now my Christmas decor has remained in their plastic bins. *sigh* Maybe next year? (That's what I said LAST year!)