Friday, March 23, 2007

Changes and youth convention

I have felt like the last couple of weeks we were on the steps to some major changes for our family once again. The girls and their new jobs. Jody's new job, Joleesa graduating, the girls moving out...WOW! God's been good but when He starts moving things in our family, He does it all at once and I just want to say just slow the wheel down a little bit, or fast forward so that we can be settled into our new routine.

We have our youth convention this weekend. Unfortunately Jessa and Jenna won't be going as they just couldn't afford it and we couldn't afford to pay for 5. It's ging to take getting use to the fact that though we're travelling less miles then we did to the various conventions we went to in Wisconsin, it's costing us more to get there then it did for our family of 5 to travel, stay at a hotel and eat out. Though it will get cheaper in the future, PTL, but they have to be able to have the time off work to go. Anyway, we have to be at the airport at 4:30 am as our flight leaves at 6 am. We get in to Bethel at 7:30 am and service starts at 10 am. I'm on to preach right away too. I've been praying and seeking the Lord as to what to preach and NOTHING. I've tossed around several thoughts, searched the scriptures and NOTHING. I preach in less 48 and I had a thought but it didn't feel right. Tonight I pulled out my notebook and found some notes...and the Lord has spoke loud and clear to me about Nehemiah and building/shoring up the walls. Please pray that the Lord annoints and speaks to our hearts.

Pray for Joleesa and Jody. This will be Joleesa's very first time flying and Jody is not fond of flying. It's a short flight but I'm not sure if that's good or bad. But they're going to have to get use to it aren't they ~grin. I love to fly.

I'll give you a report of the convention when we get back.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Have a wonderful time! I'll be praying for your message. I know what it's like to be on program and not have a clear feeling of what direction the Lord would have you take. But it sounds like you're hearing from the Lord now. Don't you hate it when He waits till the last minute? *shaking head*

Momma Tammi said...

Praying!