Sunday, March 11, 2007

My Week in Review

Nothing major happened this week. It started out with me facing the frustrations of trying purchase airline tickets for our youth convention in Bethel. For weeks the tickets were $351 but several people had told me to watch for web specials and to check on a weekly basis. That I did. Then all of sudden Sunday the tickets were $377 and then on Monday when I finally had the time to purchase them, less than 24 hours later they were $393. Grrrrrrrr. So began my frustrations. After sittig on hold twice (once for 13 minutes and the 2nd time for 17 minutes) I used my 6000+ miles and then purchased 57,000 all for the cost of $1037 for three tickets for less than two days (we leave out Saturday morning because I can't get off work Friday because my boss is on vacation and then we come back Sunday night). We use to go to conventions and our whole family's travel, hotel and food expense was less than that and yet we travelled more miles than it is from here to Bethel.

Between Monday and Friday nothing else really took place. Friday night Connie and Natan Peter flew in to town as part of a long lay over before returning home to Bethel from Montana. Matthew called and asked if they could stay at our place for the night. They were going to just stay at the airpot...don't think so. It was a short, quick visit and they were on their way, leaving at 4 am.

Then this morning I actually had my first day in a very long time to sleep in. Jody had to go the Kenai again, and I felt bad to not go with him, but I needed to get some things done. I awoke at 9 am, cleaned my room, then headed out to pick up Joleesa and her boyfriend from work and headed to the mall. About a month ago I got my hair cut by the same guy that did a beautiful job on Jessa's and he chopped it up. I absolutely couldn't stand it so seeing as I had to go to Penny's to check out their sales for Jody and I, I decided to try out their salon. The lady I had was from the Ukrain. She's only been here 1 1/2 years, and speaks broken English but I could understand her. I told her I didn't want to have to keep getting perms as they cost so much around here. She cut my hair quite short but shaped it nicely. I don't think I'll grow it out as long as it was but I definitely will grow it out longer than it is. All Jody would say was that it was short. He just doesn't get it. My hair is so gray and thinning on top it's really difficult and besides the perms being expensive, they are causing my hair, which is already thinning to break off. So I like it better than it was and hopefully it will "grow" on him.

Anyway we came home and Devon helped me make homemade pizza and now I'm going to head to bed and we set our clocks forward tonight. Yuck, we lose an hour of sleep.

I hope everyone has a great Lord's day tomorrow (or for some of you today).

0 comments: