Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Jody Didn't Get The Job, BUT....

Well Jody had his agility test yesterday and though it was really tough until the very last test. He had to crawl in the belly of a plane and try to lift a big box. He tried three times and couldn't do as they wanted. He was exhausted. So he actually didn't get the job. BUT they asked him to come back today to interview for the Cargo Customer Service Agent. Office work instead of manual, heavy lifting, YES! He wasn't sure he could do it. BUT after driving again last night he went straight to the 2 hour interview and they asked him to come back at 3 pm for the one on one interview and they offered him the job. He goes back tomorrow for the agility test for this position. He feels confident he can pass this one because it's basically lifting and bending. And he doesn't have to lift anything over 70 lbs. I believe this position pays more, but we still do have the issue of hours. But we've said all along it's in God's hands.

Well last night I took Joleesa to get her senior pictures taken. My little girl was a beautiful, sassy looking model and she knows without doubt, a model she doesn't want to be but it was fun for her and it was fun watching her. I picked up the proofs today. Overall they turned out good. I was disappointed in the one in the dress as he had her in a wierd, twisted pose and it showed in the picture as such. But the rest turned out great. How could they not Joleesa is a beautiful, fun, sassy young lady and she always takes good pictures. Seeing how Joleesa is not one for dresses much anyways its ok that that didn't turn out. We've ordered her graduation announcements and next week we've got to pick up your cap and gown. She still has to take the math part of her Alaska exit exam (as she didn't pass that part the first time-she did awesome on all the rest)besides completing her Science, Math and English classes. But she can do it. There is a little concern about her exit exam as it's the geometry part that she's having problem with and I was NEVER good at geometry and neither was Jenna. She takes her exam April 3rd (I think) so we need to get it figured out.

Well I need to work on my message for youth conventin this weekend. Thanks for the prayers regarding the jobs. Please continue to pray for the hours to come together for Jody. Even more so please pray for our youth convention, I'd really like to see the Holy Ghost be free.

1 comments:

The Middle J said...

I wish I could help her- why did it have to be geometry- I still don't see how they can consider that math. :=P

I had to give up my lunch period in HS in order to pull off an A- in geometry so it wouldn't affect my GPA...