Saturday, March 17, 2007

Love the New Look

I've been wanting something like this for a long time. One of the guys at the Mac Store was working with Jenna on it. I wanted an eagle soaring the clouds between mountains. Yesterday he emailed her this. Jenna took and in no time she had it up and running and she even liked my suggestion on colors. There's no mountains, but I agree with Sister Tammi, it's gorgeous.

Today has been a beautiful day. 35 degrees with lots of sunshine. I had hoped to sleep in a little today but Jody had to make the Kenai run and was up at 5 am. I woke up and never really got back to sleep as I was thinking of all I had to do. My main goal was to decide on the classes for ladies retreat so I could let Sister Connie Wilson know what she would be teaching on, complete the schedule and when I took Jenna to Kinkos for the interview, get the applications printed off. I laid in bed thinking about the classes and as they all began to come together as did my schedule I finally decided I better get up and get down on the computer (we use to say on paper~grin) before I forgot. I've been praying and seeking about them for some time and I only felt good about the one I had for Sister Grant to teach. All of sudden the rest came together. Sister Connie Wilson is going to teach "The 'spirit' of a Godly Woman", Sister Grant is teaching "911,HELP!-Psalms 46:1" and I'll be teaching a class on the title of Jessa's new blog "God Can I Go Home Now". I've got some unique things planned in between and I am soooooo looking forward to Sister Connie's messages. I know we're going to have visitors and I'm confident that God is going to use this as an outreach tool.

By the way the applications turned out beautiful (costly but worth it). Jenna used something similar to the "Consider The Lilies" heading that was on my blog previously. We printed it on a light pink resume paper in color. Even the lady at Kinkos commented on how pretty it was. I want to send them out visitors and hopefully it will draw their attention. As Jenna was printing it from the jump stick the new ass't manager came out to assist but Jenna actually showed her how to do it as she wasn't sure. Then it turned out she was the one to interview her as the manager didn't show. That is until an hour later as he thought it was noon instead of 11 am Anyway he called her and offered her the job. They still have to do the background check and all but he even said he would work with her to get the hours to work so she would have a ride. She's still wanting the Captain Cook job, and will still try to get it but this doesn't pay bad so she'll have something until the other comes to frutation.

Tonight we have a youth Bible Study on temptation here at the house. Tomorrow I hope to get started on our taxes, Monday I have to take Joleesa to get her graduation pictures done, Tuesday I'm going to a play with my co-worker, I need to prepare yet for my message at youth convention (maybe I won't start taxes tomorrow) and Saturday morning early we leave out for Bethel. I am so looking forward to getting away. We are use to travelling somewhere at least once a month to some church event so it feels almost wrong to have not gone anywhere. Then to actually go to Bethel, a place Jody and I four years ago had more or less had no desire to go to (actually Jody had no desire, I said I wouldn't mind visiting). I know everyone says there's nothing much there and it'll be soooo cold, but you know what, our brothers and sisters are there and they have a church building. We will actually have a service in a church building. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for what we have, but it'll be nice to be in an actual church building.

Anyway as you see I have a busy week next week, and to top it off my boss is on vacation all next week so I have his work to do too. But that's OK. All is well and God is good.

2 comments:

Rebekah Doran said...

WOW! That's awsome! (the background that is. Although I am really happy to hear about Bro. Nowling and Jessa getting those AK airline jobs. It will really be a blessing when it comes time to travel.)

Jessa Stephens said...

ha! who would have thought anything would come out that phrase.I'm looking forward to the classes...sounds interesting