Friday, March 02, 2007

Why CONSIDER THE LILIES

First let me say thanks to Jenna. She did a great job on my messed up blog. I was pretty proud of myself for changing things on my own...um...I guess I some how really messed things up for her. But she came through fantubously (purposely spelled this way)!

Jenna HAS taken the basic design for our ladies retreat invitation (that she's creating for me) and made it into my blog. So that's why my blog heading is now "Consider The Lilies"! That's the theme for Alaska's ladies retreat April 20-22. I'm so excited as Sister Connie Wilson is our guest speaker. My goal is to have a time of being taught "not to worry" and while being taught not to worry, actually have a WORRY FREE weekend. A weekend of feasting spiritually, but also being pampered with a tea and an actual time of being pampered. We'd love to have any of our sisters from the lower 48 join us. What lady doesn't find herself worrying.... BUT WE SHOULDN'T, God always comes through! Please pray for Sister Wilson and our retreat, though it seems like a long way off, it'll be here before you know.

On another subject, this weekend is the Iditarod and I got a pass to the dog pits, so we can go right down with the dogs and the mushers (actually the girls will probably share that pass) and then I got a pass for two to the hospitality house which is right above where the race takes place, inside with warmth and food (Jody and I will take that pass; because Jody wimps out in cold weather ~ in his defense remember he wanted to go South ~ grin). I've been so looking forward to this. I hope it warms up some as we've been having below zero weather and high winds...please not Saturday. I'll et you know how it all goes. Actually I'm hoping for just a day of enjoying being outside and anything else will just be extra! I've been fighting a sinus cold...can't happen!

6 comments:

The Middle J said...

actually it doesnt look anything like the design for Ladies retreat- the pink version I had up earlier was but you didnt want pink :P in changing it the only thing that stayed was the flower....

is it Why Consider the Lilies or Consider the Lilies???? you have me confused lol

good night

Vicki Smith said...

Ummm, you might want to work on the color of the comments. I could BARELY read the white font--I had to squint and lean in real close. Other than that, I like the new look! Very pretty.
I hope you guys have a LOT of fun on Saturday. It sounds really exciting!
I would LOVE to come to your Ladies' Retreat but the lack of $$$ is a bit of a hindrance. *sigh*

J Nowling said...

The theme for ladies retreat is "Consider the Lilies" I'm just saying why my blog is that at this time. Jenna - you're still using the basic design. I didn't want pink because there's been a lot of pink out there in blog land as of late. When I think lilies (or flowers) I think Spring, new life, and green ~smile so that's why the green instead of pink.

Momma Tammi said...

Very pretty, but I can hardly see to read the comments. Love the colors.

J Nowling said...

fixed

Hershey Bar said...

Enjoy your weekend, and be sure to root on Bethel's rookie racer, Andy Angstman!