Monday, March 26, 2007

Great Time in Bethel

Yesterday was the last session of the convention. Brother Sutton preached on Joseph and how because Joseph loved God with his whole heart God used every trial, test and temptation for his good. It was encouraging to say the least.

The ladies then put on an awesome pot luck. I had salmon made by Sister Mojin (which I liked-didn't love; Joleesa tasted it after much pushing and declared emphatically she didn't like it~smile), salmon pasta, guduc (salmon berry & blueberry ice cream), a delicious salad, celiaks (?), chile, awesome desserts, I know I'm missing things because it was quite the spread and I tried EVERYTHING!

Then the Mojins took us the frozen super highway of the Kuskekwim River(I know that spellings wrong but I don't have time to look it up)showing us the villages and fish camps along the way. It was wierd, wide open space as Brother Mojin said they needed to stay on the road of the river, I'm thinking, what road. Then Isaiah, Micah, Nathan and Joleesa met up with us and I first had Isaiah take me for a ride on the snowmachine and then I drove it around a little bit while Mojins and Jody parked the truck and watched. Joleesa then drove it pulling Micah on his ice skates behind and we went back to town. Mojins then had us over for afternoon tea, which I didn't know was an eskimo custom.

We then headed back to Suttons to visit some more with this precious couple and their foster girls which we fell in love with. Little JoeAnn adored Jody as did he her.

It was then time to go to the airport and it was snowing and blowing hard. All the Peters and Cabellas met us there as the Grants and Tim were on the same flight with us. It was quite the send off as we walked onto the tarmack in the blowing snow thinking it was going to be a rough flight. Joleesa actually took the window seat and as we got up to 35000 feet there was blue skies and sunshine. It was beautiful and Joleesa pulled out her camera. The landing was the smoothest ever. We had a tail wind pushing us and we made it sooner than expected.

It was great weekend and we look forward to VISITING again in the summer.

1 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Sounds like a good weekend! Interesting experiences that will stay in your memory forever. You've got to do things that most people will ever even know they've missed! You're privileged.