Wednesday, December 27, 2006

3 Ulus for Christmas

Well Christmas is behind us and I got 3 Ulus (?) a rounded Alaskan knife. One came with a cutting board and bear claws for salad, another with a stand and the last one was handmade by eskimoes. I'm giving a single one a way. They are awesome. I was able to cut through a squash with no problems, besides worry about my thumb getting cut off as I was holding it. Thank you, to the Texters, the Grants and the Suttons for giving me, as Brother Grant put it "the gift every Alaskan mother needs".

We had a great time with the Suttons. I fixed brisket and ham for Christmas dinner. The brisket went in the oven at 9 am and camae out at 5 pm I wasn't sure how it would turn out as I didn't have my "Texas" brisket rub that had been given to me in the past. I used a steak rub and Lawry's season salt and it was SUBERP! We are fighting over the leftovers. Seriously the flavor was great, it was soooooo tender and moist. It couldn't have been better. Us ladies visited with Sister Annette in the kitchen (Joleesa kind of went between the kitchen and the living room where the men were, traitor ~grin). We really enjoyed ourselves. Matthew got here about 4:30 and ate but after being up 26 hours he couldn't stay awake and was snoring on the counch. As Jody would say, it was quite cozy with the fireplace and Christmas music going. I got a dvd which is a fireplace that has Christmas music, or you can choose just the ambiance of the fire place. We hung two little stockings on the tv above the fireplace for the Suttons ~shaking head and grinning. After cleaning up from Christmas dinner Tim and Larry stopped in with more gifts and stayed and visited. The men in the living room while the ladies played "I Buy". Hey Bethel folks, Sister Annette now knows how to play "I Buy". I actually won, although we didn't go through all the rounds.

Well yesterday was back to work. It's end of the calendar year so it's clean up time of accounts...but the holidays are in the past so things are slowing down for me as much they ever will when you work at a newspaper. Jody still has at least this week at Fed Ex because of the Denver snow storm things are just now coming in so he'll be busy still this week. The girls survived the day after Christmas in the retail business. Now we get to look forward to our New Year's Eve Watch night service, taking the tree down and finding out what a "normal" day during Alaska's winter is. I'm not saying this sarcastically either. We are looking forward to it.

1 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!