Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas-where have the days gone?

I mean literally. I don't see daylight all week long as it doesn't get light until about 10 am and I don't know when it gets dark but I believe about 3:30-4pm. I go to work and it's pitch black and I come home and it's pitch black. Strange.

But Christmas is a week from Monday. Ugh, scream! For some reason I was thinking I had more time. I want to do something for the church people and I'm not crafty like some bloggers are ~sigh~ I have packages to get out yet to our parents, family and friends...I thought I still had plenty of time. The girls had to wait for payday to buy for their grandparents. Thankfully Brother Nowling gets a discount at Fed Ex so that's how we'll ship then. Then wrapping the gifts...Jenna reminded me that usually by this time the gifts are all under the tree and so far there's not a one. Because I haven't wrapped them and I'm not done shopping.

Shopping, Brother Nowling's going shopping tomorrow with his daughters. I told him I was going to "borrow" some sons so I wouldn't have to go by myself ~pout~ Any volunteers (Micah I miss you)? ~grin~

And the cards - I usually have them out by my birthday, but...they're done, but...we're including a letter and we were going to put our pictures on it and have it printed at Kinkos. Not going to happen. I'm going to print the letter and get them in the mail tomorrow!!! I want them out of here so I can feel like I have something done ~grin.

Anyway, I'm glad it's Friday. We'll be wrapping gifts to be mailed tonight and Saturday looks like we'll be fighting the crowds. I've got to find a book and Bible store!!! Ugh! I've been told there's one here in town and Brother Nowling and I went looking a few weeks ago to no avail...maybe my "son(s)" will take me there tomorrow.

Gotta run another day on the job. Have a great one! By the way its 15 degrees here!

3 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

I mailed all the cards that I am going to mail today. I sent off two packages, but I have three medium-sized envelopes that have to go into the mail on Monday, plus some on-line shopping to do. I have literally bought one gift for our household...I have one gift started, but not sure if I'll get it done in time. Time is just moving too fast. Maybe we ought to pray that God will slow it down for a couple days so that we can catch up. What do ya think? Have fun fighting the crowds tomorrow.

J Nowling said...

Do you think it would help if we pulled the batteries out of and unplugged all the clocks. Maybe not look at the calendar either. I have NEVER been this far behind. BUT I'm not going to let it bother me...I love Christmas and everything will come together.

I'm really not looking forward to the crowds...can we go together. Forget the "son(s)", I'll take my sister! Love ya.

Momma Tammi said...

I would love to go shopping...but...I don't think that I will make it over in time for Christmas. ~pout~