Thursday, December 21, 2006

A Brighter Outlook

Well I got my new glasses and I love driving with them. Things are so bright and clear. And I don't even mind driving at night. The opitician convinced me to get anti-glare because of my difficulty driving at night and then he said it would make a difference with the snow. And he was right on both counts. BUT I wear bifocals and I'm having a terrible time on the computer at work. I've had bifocals for years but these frames are smaller so it's difficult to find the right height for my computer so I'm not having to stick my nose in the air as to be able to read. I'm sure people are walking by my new corner of my world (they moved me over the weekend) thinking boy she's sure got her nose up in the air, who does she things she is anyway. ~grinning ~ not really. But my neck sure hurts at the end of the day. All and all, I like my glasses, I just hope I adjust quickly.

To another subject. We got about 8 inches of snow today and it's still snowing. We're expected to get a foot by the time it's done. It's pretty but as always, a lot of accidents.

Oh yeah, yesterday when I got to work there was a MOOSE cow in the News parking lot. I followed her around, taking pictures with my camera phone. Then I parked and she was on the curb nibbling the branches of a tree. I had Jody on the phone and he said I should pet it ~ joking I hope ~ I got within 50 feet and took another picture with my camera. I now just need to see if Josh can get them off my camera so I can post them. It was still dark at 8 am, so I'm not sure how good they are. I'm hoping once they get on the computer they'll look better than they do on the phone. Then as I was going home there was Moose just meandering down the street. You would have thought she was pedestrian as she was following the rules of pedestrians and walking towards the traffic (that's the right way, isn't it?). It's something how Anchorage is a good size city and moose wander the streets almost as much as people.

Well, my shopping's all done. I went last night until about 10:30 pm as I was determined to not have to go out again. Then tonight Joleesa helped me start wrapping gifts. She did the cutting as the movement of that seems to have the most effect on my elbow. We got some of Jody's wrapped, all but one of Jenna's, and all of Jessa's but then I ran out tape. BUMMER! Oh well, Jenna will help me wrap Joleesa's and the rest of Jody's tomorrow and then I got a little something for each of the church people. Plus, stocking stuffers (those I'll have to do as they all get the same thing). I may have blown it as I was putting Jessa's gifts out to wrap, I accidently got one of Joleesa's out and Joleesa picks it up asking what it was (there's something else that goes with it), I grabbed it from her and threw it back in my closet and got the right gift. OOPS! I don't know if she had time to figure it out or not. Oh well, it never fails, they always seem to figure out, or maybe are even with me for at least one of their gifts ~grin~ they don't care if they know, they still get it and doesn't cost them.

So tomorrow I finish wrapping gifts. Friday while Jody and Joleesa finish their shopping (I feel for them as they fight the crowds and the "out of stock" frustrations), I'll work on our Christmas eve service and then on Saturday we'll clean house, bake and yuck go grocery shopping for Christmas dinner. BUT then Sunday will be time to relax and enjoy the day and be relaxed for Christmas day.

I've enjoyed the Christmas songs this year more than ever. I really encourage everyone to worship during the songs...I sure found myself worshipping my Christ!

Well enough rambling hope everyone is sleeping well, and enjoy this best time of the year! The birth of our Savior!

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

My grandkids LOVE to drive around and look at the Christmas lights. When they see a nativity scene they cry out, "LOOK! The TRUE MEANING of Christmas!" They don't call it a nativity; the official name is "The true meaning of Christmas." :-)

Hershey Bar said...

I can totally connect with your getting a new pair of glasses. I never knew I was missing so much, drivers actually have faces!

Sounds like you are getting ready for Monday, hope you have a joyous Christmas!

Rebekah Doran said...

WOW! Your blog looks great. I love it.