Monday, December 18, 2006

Officially Shopped Out!

Thanks Jenna, you've succeeded again! I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas through my blog so she did this. Isn't it great????

What a weekend. Saturday started out with my getting packages and cards ready to take to Fed Ex. I'm so glad Brother Nowling gets 50% off, as mailing five packages added up. We then went to the bank to switch our truck loan from Wisconsin to Alaska and then headed home. I waited for Josh but he got tied up at the Mac Store so he met Joleesa and I and he became my lead car to many different stores.It wasn't so much big crowds at the stores I went to but we did fight the parking crowds. We then met up with Jody and the girls at Fred Meyer. By the way, that's after many calls from Jody whining about the crowds. His first call reminded me he didn't like shopping, or crowds and told me that his shopping "experience" is a part of my Christmas gift. Somebody tell him "man law" doesn't cover shopping malls.

So more shopping at Fred Meyer including grocery shopping for the Church pot luck as well as my work one. In regards to church. I have been really praying that the Spirit would break loose, as it has been a while. Brother Nowling and I talked about going early to church to pray. Last night I stayed up past midnight (which is really unusual for me) doing the bulletin, studying SS lesson, and getting things ready for the pot luck but constantly praying for our service this morning. Brother Nowling and I got up and got everything done and headed over to the church to pray...and we opened the door shocked. Tables were all set up in the Church. It looked pretty but it wasn't church. So many emotions I had to fight through. The Lord helped me though and we had a wonderful time of worshipping the Christ Child. Then went into the pot luck that had had some miscommunications but was still great. Larry Willoya can really cook and bake. He made a great stir fry, and a fabulous chocolate cream cheese bundt cake.

From there Brother Nowling and Joleesa and I headed to Fed Ex to mail our last package which we had to pay full price as he forgot his badge, but it was a smaller box this time...oh by the way, I found the greatest spice and tea store. I'm going to definitely have to go back there. We then headed to WalMart (I really don't like Walmart). Don't chew me out Sis. Net...stock lines the aisles that you can't get around coupled with the crowds. Everything's been moved so you can't find anything. Ugh!!! But I'm down to just two more gifts! Yes, they will be gotten the next couple of day as I will NOT shop next weekend.

I actually took a short nap on the couch (something I rarely do) in front of our tv fireplace with Christmas music. I bought a dvd that is a fireplace (sound affects and the burning down of the logs and all) with Christmas music. It's unique, but unfortunately it doesn't put off any heat ~grin.

Lastly, we told Brother Grant that we'd come early to clean up the church and put everything back. He said he wouldn't promise that he wouldn't have it done. We came early any way and Sis. Grant was there to meet us (pray for her she has been working soooooo many hours she missing out on church and she really misses it)and I walked in and sure enough they cleaned up and changed everything from the way we had the church set up...once again different emotions, but Sis. Grant had decorated it for Christmas and it looked really nice and she was excited to see whaat we thought. It was Jenna's service and she did it on "Being the Bethleham Light" it was good.

We came home and cleaned house and now I have to wrap gifts for work and go to bed as I have to get up early to make Zuppa Tascona (potato sausage soup recipe from Olive Garden Restraunt) for my pot luck at work.

Everyone have a great week.

4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

I love the new background! Gorgeous!!!!! Great job Jenna!

Wow! You had a crazy weekend. Wore me out just reading about it. Hope you got your soup done so that you didn't have to rush to work. I still haven't done my Christmas shopping. I'm beginning to wonder if I will ever get it done.

Oh btw...I had to deal with man law this weekend too. My husband insisted that he just couldn't go sit and wait while I got my hair cut. "Men just don't do that," he says! "Good grief Charlie Brown! Get over it already!" is what I wanted to say. ~giggle~

Juls4Him said...

Sister Tammi's right, I'm tired just reading! And such little sunlight...don't know if I could handle that...but with God's help all things are possible! It was almost 80 here today so hard to get in the groove. I agree that your background is gorgeous. One day maybe I'll find a background lady! Right now I'm just waiting for babies and can't think of much else. Lots of hugs from NC.

J Nowling said...

LOL - Sis. Tammi man-law; I think we have to have a law against man laws!!!

Sis Julie - the darkness has hit me as I'm at work and don't really know the difference.

Unknown said...

Can you share your recipe for zuppa tascona? I have a lap-band and soup is the only thing that I can eat right now. It's getting pretty expensive to keep up with Olive Garden. Please email me back at mal155a@yahoo.com

Sincerely,
Malissa Carroll