Monday, December 11, 2006

Ummmm!

I had a busy week end. Got my eye exam Saturday morning. I had to find the place in the dark and heavy snow but I found it and like I figured my vision has changed considerably. Especially in my left eye along with my astigmatism getting worse in both eyes. So no wonder I can't see street signs, hence why I have difficulty getting around Anchorage. I didn't even really realize it until I got here. After all I didn't have to look at street signs in Menomonie.

After the exam I came home and cleaned house. I put on Christmas music and REALLY cleaned. Matthew walked in later and said it didn't feel like home any more because it was sooo clean. That made me feel good, but the "clean" didn't last long. You get 5 bodies in this house plus friends, as small as it is, it gets cluttered real fast. And no I wasn't upset about Jenna's chair. It actually is a perfect fit.

Anyway, I then worked all evening on the VLB Christmas service and party. It was last night. All and all I think it went well. They seemed to have fun but listen as we talked about the Gifts that are part of the gift of Love that Jesus gave when he came to earth. Then I emphasized giving Him something....that's the part I hope that hit home.

I don't know for sure what is this morning but I feel a real heaviness, sadness. I just want to cry and I have to face some major problems when I get to work. I'm really not looking forward to this day. I need His peace and strength to wrap itself around me today.

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Praying! I felt the same heaviness...like an approaching storm on Thursday and Friday last week. I'm still not sure why I felt it...it just made me pray more...that is always a good thing.

J Nowling said...

Thanks Sis. Tammi, I felt your prayers. All and all the day was ok. We didn't deal with those problems we still have to. The heaviness is still very present. So praying I have been doing and will continue until peace settles in.