Thursday, December 07, 2006

THANKS FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES!

I want to thank everyone for the Birthday wishes. It has been kind of a bummer of day. Feeling rotten like I did today didn't start the day out very good. Jody did leave me a birthday card but I spoke to Jessa and Jenna only briefly this morning and there were no birthday wishes at that time. Then I get to work and the new girl calls in sick. I was slammed with my work and hers. Several at the office could tell I wasn't feeling well and tried to be helpful to me any way they could. The Anchorage Daily News was sponsors of the Aces Hockey game tonight and I was asked to help pass out megaphones to the first 2000 guests. I asked Brother Nowling if I could this once and he was ok with it. By doing that I got two free tickets. The person that I had asked to go with me cancelled out on me 45 minutes before we were to leave. I was SOOOO disappointed, frustrated, bummed, angry, felt like par for the course the way the day was going. Joleesa went with me and it was a different experience. In Menomonie, being involved in these simple things in the community opened doors for us. Mind you, Anchorage is much bigger...so it make take a little longer for those doors to be found, let alone opened. Anyway, we only stayed for the first period. I didn't do it for the hockey game as I have never followed hockey. We went over to church right as it was ending. They sang happy birthday to me, Sister Grant had a nice little gift for me, Josh, Tim, Jenna, Joleesa and I went to Coldstone and got the ice cream of I've been craving, I came home and read the nice birthday greetings and now I'm going to bed.

Thanks again for the birthday greetings. I'm feeling considerably better than I did this morning but my right ear has really been paining me on day. Please continue to pray that this bug will be stamped out.

7 comments:

Isaiah said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sis. NOWLING!!! Hopefully the B-Day bug will leave you. Quick you still have 10 minutes to party :)

J Nowling said...

Thanks for the b-day wish Isaiah but your post says 2:49 am ~ um how do I have 10 minutes left? Partying to me was Coldstone and bed. If only this really was just a b-day bug that would be great. All though I do feel a little better than I did yesterday.

Micah thanks for your wishes too.

Momma Tammi said...

Have someone drop two drops of apple cider vinegar into the ear that is bugging you, then put some cotton in your ear to prevent cold air from making it worse. Do that twice a day until your ear stops hurting. I am prone to ear infections, even as an adult, and that is the only way that I can and do treat the infections. It removes the excess fluid on your ear drum which is causing the pressure and the pain. If there is any infection in the excess fluid it also fights that, so...no downside with the vinegar. Just remember to keep the cotton in your ear after the drops have been put in. We prayed for you last night and I've been praying since I found out you were under the weather. God is not slack concerning his promises...He suffered stripes for your healing, therefore, you will be healed. Love ya!

Juls4Him said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Sister Jada. I take it yours was the 7th. My husband's is the 6th but we celebrated on the 7th as he took the day off. Hope you are feeling better...I'm praying for you!

Isaiah said...

Well, you see... by my time machines, it was 11:50pm. I think the blogger is in a different time zone. :) Like the time is now 4:18pm. yes, I'm at work :O

Anyways, hope you're feeling better by now.

J Nowling said...

Sis. Julie my B-day is actually th 6th. People had sent me wishes on Jenna's blog. So I guess that means I share the day with your husband...but maybe not the year...?

Juls4Him said...

Oh that's so cool...I'll tell Jeff you have the same birthday. I KNOW you are younger than us. His was 1954. I'm six months behind him but for now, I tell him he's soooo much older!