Tuesday, September 05, 2006

622 Miles

We are 622 miles closer to our destination. We have landed in Dickenson, ND for the night. We ran into trailer problems...one wheel was hot. We called the trailer company and they said it may be a bearing is tight or a brake is tight, either way it should loosen up. By the time we got into ND Jessa had to have us stop and when we pulled in a man told us he heard a grinding that sounded like the bearings were going out...PTL there was an auto shop just 3 blocks a way. The brake had gotten hung up and wasn't releasing. The wheel was actually white hot. The Lord spared us and it only cost us $42.50 but we did lose some time.

We saw hills, open space, and sunflower fields. But my personal rainbow followed us out my window. Jenna wouldn't believe me and yet Jessa saw it. It turns out we have tinted window and with polarized sunglasses it makes a rainbow of colors. I've been saying it's my personal rainbow and the Lord is reminding me He is with us.

We have to cover a lot of territory tomorrow. I'll hopefully post more tomorrow

2 comments:

Juls4Him said...

I'm so glad the Lord protected! He is SO good. I will continue sending up prayers for you all and I know the Lord will be there. Was so tickled about the job. Your husband shared some of the humorous part of all that...too funny! I know it will all turn out well. Lots of hugs from NC.

Vicki Smith said...

God be with you guys! I know He is already. It was so good to get to see you and give you hugs at the Assembly. I trust you're still rejoicing over the times of refreshing we experienced while there. Yesterday while Becki and I were driving together we just kept going over the different blessings we received and observed others receiving. God is SO GOOD!!! We'll keep praying you all the way to Anchorage. ;-)