Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Beautiful Flowers For My Anniversary

Well Jody had the most beautiful lilies and roses delivered to my office (I'll try to get Jenna to post a picture). I don't know flowers these are really big with the black dots on it. I was totally surprised as I thought it in the past we talked about his not spending that kind of money on something that would die (but at the convincing of the middle daughter, he did) and I DO love them. There are 11 lilies and 2 red roses. I guess he only requested 3 lilies (representing the 3 girls and the two of us, anyway that's what he usually has done when he's gotten me flowers) but for some reason they put in 11 and several of them are buds. They are the most beautiful flowers ever...BUT they are also VERY fragrant and within abouat 15 minutes I had the director's secretary telling me one of the other directors were miserably allergic to and as she was telling me, the poor girl who sit a few feet from me said she was too. She has asthma real bad and has been out sick the last 5 days with bronchitus and yesterday was her first day back. I didn't drive to work, Jody dropped me off so I told them I didn't know what to do. She went and talked to the director and he was going to keep his office door closed (I wasn't sure if that was going to be enough as they were really potent) and I felt so sorry for Rhoda. Jody was over at Fed Ex filling out paper work for the job it looks like he got (PTL) but he didn't know if they would have him start right then too. I decided to go ahead and call and he wasn't working he was at Long John Silver's eating lunch, so I asked when he got done if he would come pick up the flowers ~big sigh~ I too, have problems with strong fragrants and they were even beginning to effect me. So they were brought home to offset the smell of the pink salmon that Matthew fixed the girls, Micah, and Josh for dinner (which didn't take place until after we got back from our dinner as he took Jessa to get us an anniversary gift ~giggle). Anyway, we ate at the Cattle Company and had the best food since we've been here. I don't remember the last time I was that full. We shared the most awesome piece of cheese cake with strawberry sauce on it. We then came home, walking in the door saying how full we were to groans of Jenna in particular telling us to be quiet because the chef went to get spices over 2 hours ago ~grin~ I then gave Jody his gift (we had gone right from his picking me up from work) a palm pilot, that is how Josh come to take me mudding and grocery shopping on Sunday. He really took me to Best Buy and the rest became our excuse as to why we were gone so long. Anyway, Jody was shocked. He must have said a dozen time to Josh, Micah and Brother Grant how he wanted one and was asking questions. When I gave it to him he said he had been joking (yeah right) now he's got to get one of the boys to help him figure out how to use it. He had to charge it last night so after church tonight- beware.

All and all it was good celebration of 25 years (although I do hope to get away in a couple of months, just the two of us). I do wish I still could have my flowers on my desk at work, but this way we don't need an air freshner at home.

6 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Sounds like a great and memorable anniversary. :-) I'm so happy for you guys; for what you're doing for the Lord in that beautiful state, and for what the Lord is doing for you. Praise God!

Isaiah said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Momma Tammi said...

How wonderful!

Rebekah Doran said...

Happy belated anniversary!!!

Juls4Him said...

25! Wow..congratulations! I had a similar flower experience at the 25th but we won't go into that...lol. It's the thought that counts! May you have many more blessed years!

J Nowling said...

Thank you for wishes. It was a nice 25th. I'm still looking forward to actually getting away in the near future.