Friday, September 15, 2006

It's Beginning to look like a Home

Well, I think we are pretty much unpacked. Even my our bedroom is finally put together (with the exception of a few clothes that need hangers as to hang). We really like our house. There's a lot of amenities that we didn't have in the past. Small isn't so bad once you get it all figured out ~smile~

We had our first service last night. Brother Grant first opened it up for business conference and we became official members of Anchorage. Then we had a good time of worship and Brother Nowling preached a short message. We had a good turn out. It felt...I'm not sure I can put it into words, but the fact that we're finally here...is well, you know what I mean.

We went looking for an inexpensive sofa today. I have never been in a place where the people are so open that in a half hour time you get life stories from business acquaintances. It happened yesterday with Joleesa's school and today with a salesman. We didn't get anything yet though. I am so wanting furniture in our living room. It's hard being patient as we sit in camping chairs (two of which have broken now). But we don't want to just waste our money.

Well I'm going to take advantage of one of our amenties, our jacuzzi tub ~sheepish grin. That really seems strange!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear things are going well! It was so nice to see you all! Our prayers are with you as you start you new work!

Momma Tammi said...

Jacuzzi tubs are so nice when all of your muscles are screaming at you. Enjoy it. We had one in our home in Oklahoma. I must admit though, my husband used it far more than I did. I had my massage chair.

Momma Tammi said...

Did you change the background so that you would no longer look like a worn out library book? ~grin~