Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Because He First Loved Us, We Can Love Each Other! And I Love You More and More Each Year Jody, Happy Anniversary!

This was on our wedding invitations, napkins, etc 25 years ago and 25 years is a miracle in this day and age, but to me it is a treasure. God has given me a treasure in my husband, Jody. I knew at the time I married him he was minister (in another church mind you) but I thank God that He has given me a man that listens, waits and is obedient to His voice (and not always to mine ~tee hee~). I never would have thought that we would be in Alaska ministering together but I thank God that my husband has said "not my will but thine" through out our life and there has been many times it really went against my will (never).

I also thankful for 3 beautiful girls that we have raised together to love and serve the Lord. I know there are Godly men out there for them that someday they will be able to look forward to spending 25 years with (oh am I in trouble for that one - lol - but that's ok it's fun). Hey guys, whoever you are, you better treat them right though they're not just our's they belong to God.

I love you honey. I'm looking forward to our dinner date. We're going to The Cattle Company for dinner. The BB and/or drive around Alaska will come at another time Sis. Smith. I will be waiting to see what surprise the girls and the young people that hang out at our place will have for us (hint, hint).

0 comments: