Sunday, September 17, 2006

I HATE SHOPPING FOR CLOTHES!

Besides all the frustrations Sis. Smith listed in her comment I am so short and misporportioned (in other words, fat) that it is so hard to find anything that fits properly. Then add to it the lack of stores as Jenna said, (ie Fashion Bug, Christopher Banks, etc) it really becomes a nightmare. Basically I shopped Penny's and Sears. I did find about 3 outfits but I had hoped to get more for the amount that I spent. Sister Smith I wish I did sew. I've tried several times in my lifetime and I don't have the patience. Let me cook any day, but sewing's not for me. I do hem but that is a problem for me when it comes to things that are lined or cuffed! Besides all that, we left our sewing machine behind. But God is good. I did find things that were modest, looked professional and I felt comfortable in them. And I made Jessa real happy as she insisted I needed pointed toe shoes as to make my legs look longer. I said no way...then I went to payless and found some semi-pointed toe shoes that are really comfortable and actually don't make my legs look so thick (another way of saying fat ~smile). She's even wanting to borrow them!

Anyway, today was our first Sunday service. We had 16 out and there was a really good Spirit there. With out a doubt we will rapidly out grow the Grant's garage as it was pretty tight quarters. Tonight I'm doing a youth service. It is so great as this church has more youth than anything. There is so much potential here. Have I said God is Good!

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Praise God for your first Sunday service!! How exciting!

Pointy-toed shoes? NEVER! I don't care if my legs and ankles DO look fat! When it comes to what's "in" or what's "fashionable," I'm a rebel. I wear what's modest and comfortable. I got over heels years ago. No more heels for me. First off, my husband and I are the same height, flat footed. If I wear heels, I tower over him. Secondly, flats are much more comfortable and the chances of me developing foot problems are much less likely. When other women admire those pointy-toed heels and consider them so fashionable, I look and just shake my head. See? I so do NOT fit in the mold of what a "first lady" should be. What am I doing here? Somebody's made a big mistake.

Momma Tammi said...

I don't do pointy-toed shoes either, but that is because they hurt my feet. Give me round- or squared-toed shoes and I'm pretty happy. I don't do 4-inch heels anymore either, but I do still do heels because...I am short. It is bad enough that some people think that I'm my husband's daughter, so going flat-footed wouldn't help the misconception.

I'm glad that you found something that you could be comfortable in and that Jessa approves of the shoes.