Monday, September 25, 2006

Off Roading/Mud Bogging

Yes, my Sunday afternoon consisted of off roading/mud bogging in Joshua Grant's 4x4 truck. I didn't know that we were going to be having this wild ride but yes, he took his pastor's wife through mud, up and down steep hills, over very bumpy dirt woodsy roads. That is after he had to pull me up into his truck. Now remember this is his mudder truck so the seat belt didn't fit me, I'd grap the seat handle but it was broken. This pastor's wife was bumped around but believe it or not she enjoyed it. And Mr. Josh was grinning the whole time! Would I do it again...we'll see ~smile. I did tell him there's no way I would go street racing with him. I don't even want to know when he goes! In turn he had to go grocery shopping with me...he was a real champ in that and actually a lot of help as I'm still not familiar where things are and what brands are better (seeing as there are only a few that I'm familiar with).

Saturday night was even a different story, Matthew Peter was here and he purchased a pay per view of UFC street fighting. Yes, we had a house full of men (including Brother Grant) watching 3 hours of fighting ~groan/smile~

Then Sunday morning all but one of them were in church (and that one was out Sunday night) and what a service we had. We had 21 in SS, SS was good, worship was great, the message was thought provoking. Sunday night we had 15 out for CPMA service (2 visitors) and Jenna did a good devotion on trademarks, registerations and copyrights. Oh and to back up, Saturday night we had prayer meeting and we had 14 out with 11 being youth. I am just overwhelmed with the youth that are here. They are really wanting to be involved. Several of them live at our house every night. Not only has church grown for us but it seems like our family has too. The girls have "brothers" around on a regular basis and we feel like we have "sons". They have been great in helping out with everything too. And Brother Nowling is no longer out numbers...although when Codi is here they are still out numbered ~smile~ But Brother Ray...Brother Nowling still uses the "man law" as he sees fit.

Oh by the way tomorrow is our 25th Anniversary. It's hard to believe 25 years! And I love him more each day! He is my best friend...I would rather spend time with him then anyone else. He's so easily entertained. He can watch the planes forever. He can spot wildlife in the deepest woods. He can stand and stare at the mountains forever. He loves little children. He (we) looke forward to grandchildren. These have been 25 great years but I am looking forward to 25 even greater years. I love you Jody!

By the way, have I said recently that God is good!

4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

May I be the first in Blogsville to wish you both the happiest of Anniversaries. Congratulations on 25 years.

Sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time getting adjusted to your new surroundings.

Vicki Smith said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Congratulations. I hope you guys have a really nice day. I vote the young people (who regularly hang out at your house, using your electricity and water, and eating your food) take up an offering to send you guys out to celebrate your Anniversary. You can tell them I suggested it. :-) (Like that's gonna make a big impression! *tee hee*) There are TONS of B&B's there, or just taking a drive around beautiful Alaska would be wonderful, with a nice dinner out. Have you been to that place that has the big chocolate waterfall yet? Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have a WONDERFUL time with your best friend. :-)

Jason Mullins said...

Happy Anniversary!! God bless you all today!

J Nowling said...

Thanks to all of you for wishes.