Friday, January 16, 2009

49 degrees above zero and schools are closed

How wierd. States that are usually warm are getting our below zero weather. We are really at 49 degrees above zero, but we have gusting winds of 50 miles phr and more and the combination is taking our raining and melting snow and making it treacherous out there. I'm afraid to see what our driveway is like. It was horrible last night and I dumped kitty litter up and down it. I was going to get put salt down this morning but I don't if I can or should considering how winding it is.

All you that are having the unnatural cold, don't envy our warmth as they are warning everyone to stay off the roads and such because of how dangerous it is. Though we are kind of warm in the house (the winds don't make it seem so) we haven't been able to enjoy the warmth. I'll be praying for you as you pray for me.

Oh no, I just heard our garbage can take off again. Ugh! Brother Nowling sure knew when to get out of Dodge (grin).

2 comments:

connie said...

Us too. No school today and everyone is to try to stay off of the roads. They even postponed our K-300 dog sled race which was supposed to start this afternoon. Not the best weather for those poor puppies (dogs). The dogs actually run better in the cold, but the slippery ice is very bad. Isaiah is at work; he uses his snowmachine. As long as he stays off the icy roads and cuts across the tundra or edges of the parking lots, he is OK, I guess.

Usually, it seems that our weather migrates to downstates. So if we are having a very warm trend now, the people who are having cold now can look forward to warm weather coming. :)

Netty said...

Let it come, Let it come!