Friday, January 23, 2009

He's Home - Check out His Pictures

Brother Nowling's home and he wanted me to post a great big THANK YOU to all those that welcomed him to Colorado. He felt so blessed and appreciated the love and fellowship beyond measure. I know too many of the men look at these blogs but the wives do so if you'd pass on his thanks, though it's not just the men he's thanking. He enjoyed spending time with the different families and he loves the children. He keeps talking about them. To all of you who played a part of his time in Colorado he says God bless you and thanks for the blessings, and memories.

Here's some of the pictures that he (and apparently others for him) took. I got him this Nikon for Christmas so he would have a simple point and shoot camera to use in Colorado. Jenna said it was as easy or easier to use then the Canon. But he had problem. The on/off button was too close to the button that you push to shoot. So he'd go to take a picture and the camera would go off. So funny. Then he couldn't figure out how to get a picture when anybody has any movement as it would blur. So maybe we'll have to teach this 50 year old some things. Any way I am glad he's home.

Here's some pictures...by the way, I love the retreat center that they had it at. That's what a "retreat" should have. Some very good looking families wouldn't you say? My ulitmate favorite one is the one of Brother Nowling and Brother Keven...I would say it looks like father and son but how old are you Keven? They do look so much a like. The Lewis family will be forever special to our family.











7 comments:

Jessa Stephens said...

Ya...he has some big fingers....! No wonder.........Those pictures turned out good!!

Jessa Stephens said...

oh...I love the retreat church!!!!

Vicki Smith said...

Ahhh, all those pictures make me feel like I've taken a trip back home.
The building with the cross on front isn't a church, Jessa, it's the lodge they slept in. --It looks like they had a great time. I haven't heard anything from my two sons who were there, but that's not unusual.

Momma Tammi said...

Love the pictures and it makes me a mite homesick.

Tammy K. said...

Great pictures. Thanks for shareing. It was good to see Bro. Nowling for the few minutes I could at lunch. I am glad he had such a good time.

Jessa Stephens said...

AH okay......

cokelady said...

Those pictures are GREAT! I love all of the family ones at the end--those are sooooo good. And, of course, the one of your husband and Brother Keven... :-) So glad he enjoyed his trip. I know our folks sure enjoyed having him.