Monday, January 26, 2009

Just an Another Weekend

This weekend was just another weekend. We did start out with having breakfast with Josh and Jackie, which we really enjoyed. We don't seem them very often as they both are putting in a lot of hours at work and then they went to Hawaii for their vacation. She invited us to to go for breakfast and I jumped at the chance as I really miss having them around. Though she probably didn't think I remembered, it was her birthday so I was glad I got to share a little bit of the day with her.

Then I went shopping with Joleesa as she needed some new work clothes. She had been living in one pair of khakis and she asked me to go. I didn't get anything special for myself. Oh I take that back I found fleece Winnie the Pooh and Tigger sweatshirts buy one get one free ($5 each).

We then came home some of the youth gathered at Tim and Larry's for games and movies. I stayed back to work on the bulletin and finish studying my SS. Joleesa had a friend and her 7 month old baby boy Cameron over. He is such a doll. They stayed the night and went to SS and church with her. We also had Tim's uncle there so we had 3 visitors. It would be great if we could just get our own members out. Several were missing and we don't why. It's frustrating that they don't have the courtesy to even call. Ugh! Oh to just have them all there at once. I could say a lot more here but I better leave it alone.

I need to get on to work but have you ever wonder what inspired some of our hymns? While I was googling graphics for our bulletin I came across the inspiration for one of my favorite hymns "Precious Lord, Take My Hand". Here's the link and bring a box of Kleenexes. http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http: //my.homewithgod.com/kylady4/miptop.jpg&imgrefurl=http://my.homewithgod.com/kylady4/PreciousLordtakemyhand.html&usg=__qfp8A2Y9hXkNTtvFOBSgVt77Aec=&h=397&w=327&sz=24&hl=en&start=1&sig2=K6MhTNx02G_jRY23M8R77Q&um=1&tbnid=qMCYdEVqH0BrnM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=102&ei=wOV9Se74MYyYsQP2mrUY&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtake%2Bmy%2Bhand%2Bprecious%2Blord%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1W1GGLL_en%26sa%3DN

Oh please pray for me regarding my job. Things are changing majorly again and Mr. Wong has come back and made another offer to me (this is the 7th time he's contacted me). I met with his son on Thursday and I'm seriously considering it...a lot depends on this week. Fortunately he's not in a hurry, so I'm really wanting to pray this through.

0 comments: