Thursday, January 22, 2009

New Post

I know, such an original title. What can I say. Not a lot happening around here. It seems like Brother Nowling's been gone forever. It's funny, with our jobs some weeks we really don't see much of each or talk to each other, but just knowing I CAN'T see and he's 1000 miles away just makes me really miss him. He's having a great time. He's at Keven Lewis' right now and I guess Cathy and Daniel have been over there. You gotta understand something, he pastored these two when they were around 13 and 14 years old. He is just loving being there. Cathy, I want to know your secret, how did you get him to play a game? And don't you know you've got to let him win other wise I'll never get him to play. Him, Jessa and Joleesa don't care to play games (Jessa and Joleesa will once in awhile but not often) and I can beg, plead and even try to bribe Brother Nowling and he still won't play. It was so cute, he was texting me and telling me he was playing sequence. His next text was HELP! and then it was "I quit", and then it was "I just burped real loud". I told him to tell them I didn't know him and his response was, "they told me to make myself at home". Ugh! Why does it have to mean that. Next text was "it's movie time with the kids". When I asked what movie, he said "Kung fu Panda". We have that movie and he's watched tons but he loves it and he was in heaven having little kids to watch it with.

He said they've been having some great revival services too. I guess tonight (and at men's retreat) Keven and I think Dustin Hayes did a special "Shut the Door, keep out the Devil", Keven and his brothers had done that when they were kids and we were pastoring so this thrilled him. I think tomorrow night he'll be preaching at Brother Jonathon Smith's church. Then he heads home Friday. The Denver to Seattle flight isn't a problem, but please pray that he makes a Seattle to Anchorage flight. Several of them are overbooked.

As far as my life. Mr. Wong, the man that has been after me to come work for him since before we moved has called me again with a different offer. I met with him last week and tomorrow I meet with his son. This is the 7th time he's contacted me. I don't know why he's so sold on me. I really hate starting a new job but things have changed so much at the newspaper and actually I feel like I have regressed instead progressed in my position. I did talk to one of the managers and let her know about my job offer. I told her I'm not wanting to play one company against the other but I wanted to know what options they may give me. She spoke to the publisher for me and he's suppose to be thinking through some options and then meeting with me. I just can't imagine what the Lord has in mind for me with this, but I'm not going to move quickly as I want to be sure I make the right decision.

Tonight I taught Bible study. I really enjoyed it, and I hope others did. I did it on "tests". I actually found a test (quiz) on accidents in the Bible. After we took the test, which we first did without looking anything up, and then I allowed open book. From there I went into the study on Spiritual Tests. The types of tests, purposes, etc of them. We were missing some members but we had a better turn out then what I expected.

Last night I didn't sleep well. I had a concern that was weighing on my mind and I went to bed praying for someone in particular. I woke up dozens of times throughout the night and every time I had a song right there in my head...do you think I could think of what that song is now, of course not. But I'm not kidding, the same line of this song kept going over in my head. At least seeing as I couldn't sleep it wasn't because of a bad dream, but it really was do to this song. Having said that, my head hurts and my eyes are burning I'm so tired. So goodnight!

2 comments:

Tammy K. said...

Sis Nowling... This is Cathy..
(on tammy's blog name) Well I have a kinda answer for you.. Michele and Genesis got him to play the game and i think they didn't give him much of a choice. :-) or he just felt like he couldn't say no Hehe. The power of the Lewis girls. hahaha. We have had such A great time. I wish he could stay longer. next time you will have to come with him and stay a while.
Love ya
Cathy

J Nowling said...

Cathy - Good job ladies. I'll have to find out your secret to not giving a him a choice. He had such a great time with you all. Some day I would love to come for a visit. It would actually be very special for me to come.