Monday, July 24, 2006

17 YEARS AGO

Where were you at 17 years ago today? I spent most the day up until 3 pm laying on the couch miserable as I was 9 months pregnant. At 3 pm Jessa went and got her dad to help me off the couch and take me to the hospital. On Monday, July 24, 1989 at 6:30 pm a beautiful little girl with lots of brown hair was born. She was such a good baby right from the start. Rarely cried and as she got older allowed her imagination to entertain whether we were grocery shopping or moving. As the years have gone by, she has been the one to say the things that you really wondered "where did that come from" as you grinned or laughed. It didn't matter if it was Sunday School, church, or in a serious conversation. She is our sanquin/phlematic (spelling?).

God, please protect our baby in her 17th year. Keep her heart and soul safe and full of Your love. JOLEESA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! YOU'VE BROUGHT US JOY AND TEARS. WE CAN'T IMAGINE LIFE WITH OUT YOU.

Lots of love Dad and Mom

8 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Joleesa!
Happy Birthday to you!
(In very low voice)
And many morrrrrrrreee!

Hope Joleesa has an absolutely wonderful day!

Vicki Smith said...

I don't remember where I was 17 years ago, but I DO remember where I was 29 years ago today. I, too, was driven to the hospital where I gave birth to a chubby (8lb. 13oz.) baby girl with lots of dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. It was a Sunday morning. I had my first contraction at 5:30am, went to the hospital and gave birth at 9:00am, then my husband left and went to Sunday School and to preach. :-) Seven days later we left in a motorhome to evangelize for 2 years. My goodness, that seems like 100 years ago!

WOW! We almost have twins! LOL! Happy birthday to Becki AND Joleesa. :-)

Anonymous said...

Well 32 years ago today I was ....
I can't remember, I was three.
However 32 yrs ago today my Hubby was born!!! All 11 pounds and 12 ozs. of him!
Guess we have triplets!!!LOL!

Ps. We beat you all in saying Happy Birthday to Jolessa! :0)

J Nowling said...

How cool is that. Hey mine was the smallest. She was only 6 lbs 8 oz.

Joleesa is loving the fact that she has a brother (that she refers to as Uncle Bobby) and now she has a fourth sister in Becki, whom she will have to be introduced to as she had to ask me who she was ~smile~

And Sis. Net thanks for telling us how old Bobby is; we were wondering.

Rebekah Doran said...

Wow! Happy birthday to all of you!!!

Juls4Him said...

I add a big Happy Birthday (belated as it is) to all of you too. My little birthday calendar was void of any names for July 24th so now I can fill it up!

Anonymous said...

I just love you, Sis. Riddell!

J Nowling said...

Thank you all for the birthday wishes for July - Get this Joleesa's my space has a count down (like on Jenna's blog) to her 18th birthday. ~shakes head~