Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Bishop - The Bank Robber

Nothing much happening here. Not necessarily a bad thing. Although I did get a big scare and then a bigger laugh today. Remember I work for a newspaper. Newspapers have scanners. All of a sudden someone came from the news department and said they just heard "the vehicle is registered to Jody and Jada Nowling" that was all they caught. Panic, imagination going wild. It's the truck. It's Jody. But he doesn't answer his phone. DAH! I keep calling in between pacing. I finally get through and I asked him what happened and he non-chalantly asks what do I mean. I tell him what was heard. He says "Oh that, I just had a gun pointed at my face". 'Cuse me! He works part-time doing light maitenanace at a bank. The silent alarm got tripped. He had been painting trim at the back of the bank. His truck setting somewhere that brought suspicion. He has no idea anythings happened. He walks around the front and turns around to have a sheriff pointing a sniper gun in his face and surrounded by several other officers with guns. I asked him what he did and he said "wet my pants (I hope it's ok that I say that ~grin). No really what did you do, "Put my hands up in the air and moved away from the building like they told me too, until they found out who I was". UNREAL. Not in my wildest imaginations did I expect that. After the initial shock I laughed and laughed and boy did I have fun telling the News room and then the publisher. Now they're saying that's really why were moving to Alaska, running from the law because my alias Bishop husband is really a robber.

You know what, I'm sure glad my husband has a strong heart...who's to say that all couldn't have given him a heart attack or something. I do believe God was on the scene! In the background, but on the scene ~grin~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH! WOW! Are we all gonna make it to Alaska?LOL!

The Middle J said...

:-O When Did this happen??? How come Im reading this on here ???:-P

wow- dad sure had an interesting day :-P

Momma Tammi said...

Oh my word! I would have had a heart attack. ~giggle~ I am so sorry that Bro. Nowling went through that, but I sure had to laugh when I read it. Our guys are so very good at giving us comic relief! Thank God for husbands and our children.

Juls4Him said...

It's a wonder YOU didn't have a heart attack! You're so right...God had to have been there to protect both of you. See, Jenna, it's not ALWAYS boring to read your parents' blogs...lol. You never know WHAT you'll find out! Like Sis Tammi says, it's nice they keep us entertained. Shewww!

cokelady said...

HA! That's hillarious!!! Thank you so much -- I needed that! :-)

Anonymous said...

You know on the day this happened, I was having one of those "I've lost my mind" days. I spent most of the day an emotional mess, wanting to someones hair out. I had really embarressed myself. Just a bad day.
Then I read about Bro. Nowling's day and decided my day wasn't so bad after all.
Glad He is alright!