Friday, July 28, 2006

What Am I thankful For?

I decided I needed to start looking up, not down. Last night I started thinking of how good God is. I began to think of everything I have to be thankful for and decided to do my short list here:
1. I am so thankful for my relationship with my Lord. He is my life and has been since I was 7 yrs. old.
2. I am soooo thankful for my family. I have a husband who loves The Church of God (and has a brillant revelation that he can easily share from the business to Her preciousness to anyone who will listen - or even those don't want to~smile~) and 3 beautiful daughters that I love with my life and I am soooo proud of. They love the Lord and have come to the Chuch of their own accord (read Jenna's testimony on her blog-maybe the other two will follow suit and share there's) and have stayed faithful standing alone.
3. I'm thankful for my friends. Which really means I'm thankful for blog land ~great big grin~ Sister Smith, Sister Tammi, Sister Annette, Sister Julie, Sister Marsha, Sister Becki and others. Your words have beeen soooo encouraging. Even though they're things I already know, sometimes I need reminded. Sister Smith, no wonder Brother Smith says sing, sing, sing during the presbretry meeting (that was the best part of it~worship~ and that's what singing does it brings worship `smile`). Sister Net I don't care for blueberries can have rhubarb instead (I really do love rhubarb pie - but by itself forget it, to sour but make it into pie, mmmmm good).
4. I still have a job. The morning was hard yesterday (tears only came once) but I made it. And now I'll have to continue this another time as because I have a job I have to get ~grin~

Love to all my blog land friends. Even our youth that are lurkers out there. I know you're there, don't deny it. May be some day I'll list who are ;o)

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Rhubarb, I LOVE rhubarb! I planted a couple of rhubarb plants this spring, but it'll be at least next year,if not the next before there'll be enough to harvest. Nobody in Virginia "does" rhubarb. I love to bake strawberry/rhubarb pies. Yum!

Isaiah 26:3 tells us, "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." It really works! When our mind is FIXED (glued) on the Lord and we concentrate on His Omnipotence and Sovergeignty we feel peace and comfort. When we look around at all the circumstances we are facing we feel distress. With that in mind, read Phil. 4:6-9. Think on GOD, not all the ugly stuff we have to deal with here on earth. "Peace, peace, wonderful peace..." *are you sining along?* :-)

J Nowling said...

Strawberrt/rhubarb I agree is the best - I'm not good at pies I have tried several times in my life time and they've never turned out. I tell you if there's a way I can get some rhubarb to you at the assembly and have it keep I will certainly try as it is real common with you.

I'm singing with you Sis. and I feel His peace in the midst of the storm that's brewing.

Love ya