Saturday, July 08, 2006

Another Step of our Journey Accomplished

Well we did it. We bought the trailer. We had been looking at a 26' trailer and after selling so much furniture and talking with my brother we decided we really didn't need anything that big. So Brother Nowling and I went back to the trailer place again this morning. The 26' was gone but they had a black 24' "V" trailer (20' of storage). They got us the numbers, we decided to head to the bank and got approved no problem. So the bank now owns a trailer in our name ~smile~ We even took the check to the trailer company. We actually accomplished all of this before noon. Go figure. My thoughts...I just kept saying, "we're committed". Not that we weren't before, but each step makes it more difficult to turn back if the enemy tries to tell us too. We won't pick up the trailer for two weeks. We're waiting until after the convention as we won't have the time to get the hitch, brakes, etc set up, and we'll be parking it beside our garage and would rather not be gone with it there.

Also, while at the bank they redid our truck loan at a much lower interest rate so our payments will be lower. The Lord is so good.

It feels good to know that's done, but I just pray it is big enough. I'm to the point though, if it's not, just more things will go. That's what they are things.
So it's ok. And I mean that.

Next step, after our convention next weekend I'm going to inundate (?) Anchorage with Brother Nowling and my resumes and letter of references (the girls too if they get them ready and do the research). I'm also going to start emailing for housing. The oodle alerts usually have where you may email them. The Lord's been good at helping us save money. I've very proud of Brother Nowling as to how he's been pulling it together. We're not where we need to be but we're getting there.

3 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Hey, just wanted to thank you for the gentle reminder that you left on Sis. Smith's old blog site. I have made my apologies there and I did respond rashly in the beginning.

In the past, I haven't been so thankful when my errors have been pointed out, but I did want to let you know that I truly do appreciate it these days. I cannot afford to allow anything to separate me from God.

I hope that you are enjoying your day of rest. I'm going to go lay down and rest a bit myself. Love you...MT

Momma Tammi said...

I may not have said anything wrong, but as thin skinned as some people are these days, my rash comment did help anything. After re-reading my initial comment, I realized that I was quick to speak and slow to hear and I cannot afford to be doing that these days. I really was thankful for the manner in which you helped me realize that whether it was intentional or not on your part. ~smile~

However, that isn't the main reason I'm taking a hiatus on the blogging. I've been making blunders every where I turn these days and I need to just stop and re-evaluate and avoid some of the extra stress.

J Nowling said...

I understand. I do hope you'll still comment. I truly believe it is a part of a ministry God has given you. I know our family has really appreciated the comments you have made as they have encouraged us and/or made us laugh.

We just love ya...that's the bottom line.