Sunday, July 09, 2006

My Job ... even on Sunday

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I will NOT work at any newspaper in the circulation department ever again, that is if I have my way, I know Brother Nowling is total agreement after today. Because my DM was on vacation this weekend, I worked last night (11pm-12:45am) and Brother Nowling always goes and helps me. Plus, I was on call this morning and sure enough during SS my phone rings. The store route driver never showed, and one of the Colfax drivers totaled his car and quit without getting his route done. I leave for the office and find out a walk route also didn't done. Called the carrier, she's out of town, and her dad hangs up on me. I call the driver that totaled his car because he still has all the papers, there's no answer. I try a couple of other drivers to see if they'll do the store route, no one's home. I get a hold of one guy to do the paid product, The Dunn County News, as we have enough extras of those and he's willing. Got my clerk to go do the walk route. But no one to do the stores. So how did Brother Nowling and I spend the afternoon, delivery about 1200 papers to the stores. I was so sore (from climbing in and out of the truck), hungry and tired after 3 1/2 hours. I'm so grateful for my husband's help. He has always been willing to help (and when he does I can pay him, as I'm salary so I get nothing extra-except mileage, big deal when it comes to the monster truck).

He took a nap, the girls and I went to get something to eat, and then I actually took 1 1/2 nap on Sunday (I rarely do that).

So that's why NO, NO to circulation in the future.

By the way we did have a good service in the evening.

2 comments:

Juls4Him said...

I can't say I blame you there, sis! Ugh...what a hassle and something to NOT want to be responsible for! Was the title to that job "Sanctification tester?" LOL...we'll pray for something a tad bit less stressful in Alaska. Shoveling snow may be less of an adrenanline rush!

J Nowling said...

lol. I'm not witty enough to come up with that great of title. Shoveling snow maybe would be less stressful but I think it may be more painful ~smile~

Job hunting will be a reality in just a couple of weeks so I definitely will appreciate the prayers.