Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A Fragrance of an UNPLEASANT Kind

It has been sooooo hot here for several days but usually it cools down enough at night that our window fan brings in the cool night air that we can sleep comfortly under light covers. That wasn't the case Sunday night and I probably only got a total of two hours of sleep. Last night I worked all evening with Joleesa trying to finish up her schooling and I was totally exhausted. But the Lord was good - He cooled the night off beautifully and the fan brought in the cool air. Brother Nowling was in the bathroom next to our bedroom and he hadn't closed the door tight and the light was shining in my eyes so I yelled at him to close the door. WELL I must have startled something outside that we usually don't have in town. It was a "flower" of a different kind. LOL and it must have been right below our window. Our room begin to smell of skunk! And that fan that was soooo nicely bringing in the cool night air, also began to bring in that "lovely" fragrance. It kept getting stronger and stronger. I felt like that black and white creature must be in our room. So that fan had to be shut off. Fortunately had cooled off the room enough that another fan on a table was able to keep it cool enough and eventually the skunks' gift began to dissipaate ~smile~. I did sleep well but I still haven't caught up from the sleep lost over the weekend. Hopefully it will stay cooler for a while.

Everyone have a great day in the Lord!

6 comments:

The Middle J said...

I spelt the thing even in my rooom :P I was wondering where on earth it was coming from....Thanks ALOT mom :P

Anonymous said...

:0x > Sis. Net wanting to say something, but thinking better of it ! lol!

J Nowling said...

Thanks Sis. Annette for the restrain... It really was a skunk ~lol~

Anonymous said...

Sure!:)

J Nowling said...

Sister Annette you were not thinking it was ME? I'am not a skunk.

Bro.Nowling

Anonymous said...

That is not what I heard!!! :0)

LOlolololololololol!