Monday, August 21, 2006

ANY SUGGESTION WELCOME!

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what to do for swollen feet and ankles? I usually get them midway through the assembly but this summer has been terrible and the last few days actually painful. I've been trying to drink lots of water. They are so swollen I dread standing or walking and they are even like that when I first wake up. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This weekend was busy. Wedding Saturday, church Sunday morning, went out to eat then mowed the church's hills (I mean hills; I have to sit on the side of the rider as to keep from tipping~grin), and church last night. We all got transferred out. That always has felt strange but last night was really wierd. Then the packing continued today. All of us really pitched in starting at 8 am. I've decided the kitchen is the worse to pack AND the worse to clean.

To top everything off I have this rain lamp, that has oil in it that runs down plastic wires. It probably was one of the best Christmas gifts Jody's gotten me and it was probably about 15 years ago. Anyway, I've never emptied the mineral oil out of it. I've added oil to it once but that was a long time ago. I was trying to pack it in a box that it would stay upright. Joleesa was helping me but it tipped just the slightest and I had mineral oil everywhere. It was horrible. So I took it to the kitchen sink and dumped it all and washed and washed and washed it. You wouldn't have known it by looking at it but it needed it. Now I just hope it'll work again~puckers bottom lip out~. It's my favorite.

All and all we got a lot done today. Now I'm going to go put my feet up for awhile. That is my legs, as my ankles are sooo swollen you can't see my feet.

1 comments:

Juls4Him said...

Yes, it seems salt is one of the main culprits. I know GW at the rest home has a terrible time with his ankles. He uses No Salt and it helps quite a bit. Once we got him off of all soda and drinking just water and occasional iced tea, it was much improved. Sister Barbara who just stayed with me has a problem with it too. Last two assemblies she had to carry a little stool (I think it was collaspsible) to assembly and it was a lifesaver for her. Elevation is the only thing that seems to make them go down besides cutting salt intake. She had been given Lasix but it really wasn't the answer. I'll be praying for this specifically for you. I'm sure all you have had to do the past few months is adding to it. Lots of hugs from NC!