Wednesday, August 02, 2006

SLEEP, SWEET SLEEP!

It's been sooooo HOT and I've been so sick and stressed that I have had a very difficult time sleeping and my body so needed it to heal. (Imagine this, Monday night I slept at the foot of the bed sideways as to get the air from the fans~smile~, poor Brother Nowling slept on the couch, he's so sweet). But at last IT GOT IT! The cold front came it and cooled from the 106 degrees of Monday down to the 70's. It meant big time storm and rain. Yes Rain we finally got REAL rain. The storm brought lots of thunder and lightening and the first big crack made me jump out of bed but then I slept through everything. I was soo tired and today I feel physically so much better. Thanks for the prayers.

I had to share a very deep heart felt email with a dear sister from Kenosha. I pray the Lord will use it to His glory.

Well I need to do some packing while the weather's cool.

4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

I am so glad that you were able to get some rest. I can certainly relate to the exhaustion. I just wish that I could have enjoyed sleeping through the thunderstorms with you. I love sleeping during storms.

Vicki Smith said...

I really don't know if I could survive without air conditioning. I'm such a WIMP when it comes to heat. At the very least, I know I'd be battling with my mood. I get so cranky in hot weather. :-(

Juls4Him said...

I second that one...about cranky in the heat! I don't know how I lived in Pennsylvania without air back in the old days. I'm SO glad you got a cool spell. I messaged with Jeanette today and she told me they had dropped to the 70's. She said they really were disappointed you guys didn't come Sunday. I told her not half as disappointed as you were. Told her you definitely would have rathered be there than where you were but you were doing something out of obedience. Her husband is going to help them with their new sidewalks at the church this week end so that's cool. I wish they would both get to where the Lord could just capture them fully. I'm still looking for it! Take care and get some more sleep!

J Nowling said...

I'm sooooo glad I won't need ac in Alaska. I'll take the cold over the heat any day.

Sis. Julie - thanks for explaining to Jeanette. I so wonder when I'll see some these people again.