Wednesday, August 16, 2006

ONLY 5 DAYS TO PACK

I know our counter says 9 but I only have 5 days off between now and our leaving and the weekends don't count because, we have my nieces wedding to go to Saturday in Southern Minnesota. We've church Sunday and the afternoon we're going out to eat with our treasurer and then church again. I go back to work Thursday and Friday of next week. And we load the truck Saturday and take off hopefully Sunday when Matthew and Micah Peter get here.

I wish I was organized and loved to clean like Sister Smith, Sister Tammi, Sister Annette, Sister Becki and even Sister Gracie (like normal women I guess). That has always been something I have had to force myself to do. AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT THE PACKING AND THE CLEANING! I have moved 13 times...but we've never lived this long in one place. The girls were little, I don't know it just seems so overwhelming this time. When Brother Nowling is working with me it seems we just work so well together it just seems to work, but he still has to work. I just want to cry.

Then I still haven't heard on our house. I called the owner and she says oh yeah she hasn't heard back on the credit ap and just now realized it and would call and then call me back. NO CALL. I can't imagine a problem but I just want it settled.

Jobs still neither one of us have jobs. I have a couple of possibility. One is totally out the other one wouldn't be except it doesn't look like I could get off for camp (and I'm the director), state convention, or the assembly because that's their busiest time of the year. I spoke with Anchorage Daily News and they're still reviewing all my paper work. So nothing settled there! The University of Alaska, nothing. I mailed in my resume to the school district on Monday, so that will take some time. I sent Brother Nowling's resume into Alaska Airlines and got confirmation of receipt but nothing more. He'll look into driving school bus when we get there (which probably wouldn't be a problem for him to get) but he needs to do it in person they say. I tell you one thing. I'll be going out of the assembly frequently to check voice mail ~shrugs.

And then we still need man power to help load the trailer. Several have said they would try but no one commits. Please Lord, just let something be solid!

I'm sorry for blubbering, but my heart is actually sobbing and I need some encouragement. I know part of it is just my stupid hormones, couple that with the stress of uncertainity...and you have blubbering! Love you all.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

"But they that WAIT upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint" (Isa. 40:31). I know, I know . . . when there's SO MUCH to be done and so little TIME, waiting is the LAST thing you'd think of doing. But that's what will renew your strength (physically, emotionally and spiritually). Remind yourself that this is not a life-or-death issue, even though it may seem like it is. You're going to get through this. The Lord loves you and has already thought of everything. It's going to be okay. I love you.

J Nowling said...

Thanks so much for the caring words.

Sis. Smith - I needed someone to remind me that everything was going to be ok because of God taking care of things. Thanks for the love and prayers. They are appreciated beyond word.

Gracie I wish you were here to. I believe if it was possible you would be. Not only for the help but it always seems to make a difference when there's a friend working with us. It seems to not only lighten the load but the mood.