Saturday, August 05, 2006

Suttons are Bethelites (and Alaskans) and we can't wait to Join Them

The Sutton's made it to Bethel at about 10 am central time on Friday, August 4th. The van, the last I heard wasn't going to arrive until the 10th due to storms. They have met the mosquitos and Brother Bobby said they're not very caring ~lol~ I won't say what my response was~raising eyebrows~. The temp is in the 50's and their jackets are in the van~poor kids~ They did get internet so Sis. Net hopefully will be blogging soon and can fill you in on more details.

Today we packed, and packed, and packed. By the way did I tell you we packed today ~I know, so annoying~. Brother Nowling's office is almost empty, and little by little the rooms are emptying out. Strangely enough it's really a good feeling. I also did alot of searching the internet for housing and I'll call on them Monday.

I got bad/good news yesterday from my boss. I'm not sure which it is. I have two weeks of vacation coming still. One has been scheduled for the assembly for months now. The second was going to be the week after the assembly, so we would have some extra money once we got to Alaska. That one was scheduled when camp was cancelled. Anyway, my boss told me HR contacted him and said I couldn't have the second one. Technically I shouldn't even have the first one because your suppose to use it all before you actually quit or you lose it. But he convinced them that since the assembly week was approved long before I tendered my resignation that they would pay me for that one but I couldn't take the second one after the assembly. He kept apologizing to me because he had approved it. I told him it is alright and I asked off Aug 17th- 23rd (the 25th is my last day). This way I have a whole week to finish packing and cleaning. I actually feel relieved. I just pray we find jobs right away though.

Well, that's all that's happening here. Have a great Sunday.

5 comments:

Juls4Him said...

I am keeping you much in prayer as a family and I have such a good feeling that God is going to work out something wonderful for you. It's the stress in the meantime that I'm praying for you to get through with much grace and mercy flowing. I hope there is a chance that I'll get to meet you at Assembly. I plan to get there Tuesday night so I'm hoping to hug more necks than I usually get to in three days.

J Nowling said...

Thanks so much Sister Julie. We should be arriving either Monday night or Tuesday morning. I'm looking forward to meeting you too. We actually sit in the same seats all the time...middle section about five rows back. Have for years. I shouldn't be hard to find us~smile~

Momma Tammi said...

Hey, we are getting there Monday night. I can hardly wait to see you guys. I have no idea where we will be sitting. Hmmm...

Momma Tammi said...

I just realized that the count down has moved to your blog rather than Jenna's. Wow! Nineteen days and on my!

Momma Tammi said...

I meant "oH" my. YIKES!