Thursday, August 03, 2006

God Even Cares About Boxes....

God is so good. We were in desperate need of boxes and packing materials. And really not just any kind of boxes but boxes for our pictures that go on the walls. All sizes. I know from past moves they have been some of things that have gotten broken and the ones I have kept (wedding pictures in particular) I desperately don't want to break. Some of the frames are getting kind of old. Anyway, our assistant editor brought me some boxes and packing peanuts etc and we were talking about actually making boxes for the pictures. Then I answered the phone at work and this guy asked if we still did ads for free for things that were being given away. I said yes and explained the procedure. He then proceeded to tell me who he was because he recognized my voice, and I knew him and he told me he had 30 to 40 moving boxes to give away. I told him to forget the ad I was moving to Alaska and we would take them. I went to pick them up in Jessa's little Nissan and I couldn't get them all in. He has probably 60-75 boxes that you would BUY from amoving company. AND he had the special ones for pictures and mirrors. PTL, PTL, PTL.

I now have almost all my pictures packed. God has allowed the weather to stay cool so every night I've been able to do some and this weekend is major packing and getting the garage ready for our final sale next Thursday night and Friday.
GOD IS GOOD!

Sis. Annette called at about 9 pm central time and they were in Denver. They would leave Denver at 10pm Denver time have a 5 hour flight and get into Anchorage at 1 am Alaska time, Brother Grant was going to meet them and take them to Walmart to fill a bag with items they still need and they would catch their Bethel flight at 6 am. That was after leaving Nashville and going to Dallas. She said it was 20 hours altogether from the time they left Nashville to the time they would arrive in Bethel. They are already so tired as we all know sleep was slow to come with all they had on their minds and all they had to do. So please continue to keep them in your prayers.

4 comments:

Juls4Him said...

And people say you can't put God in a box!!!! LOL...I love it!

Momma Tammi said...

Well...if Bro. Smith can pray for dirt and have truckloads brought in and dumped in the church parking lot for free...then why not pray for boxes and expect God to take care of it? He never orders anything that He doesn't pay for (right Sis. Smith? *wink*) I am so thankful that He provided exactly what you needed. We've moved so many times with the military that we have learned to make boxes to fit whatever we don't already have a box for, but it is so nice when you don't have to do that.

Thanks for the update on the Sutton's as well. I was wondering if they had made it up there or not.

Momma Tammi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Momma Tammi said...

Sorry, I double posted AGAIN!