Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I AM THE VINE, AND YE ARE THE BRANCHES...

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:4, 5

I actually read this in the novel that I've been reading for weeks before I go to bed (I'm usually so tired I don't read but a couple of pages, but it shuts my brain off). I haven't been able to get away from the message in this. The fruit we produce is "OF CHRIST" if we're abiding in Him. Without Him we can do nothing. Lord don't let "me" show forth, let You. I want to represent all that you are.

It's been a slow but busy week. I've been training the girls at work. It feels wierd as I find myself there but not there. Having been a manager for so long it's very hard to sit back and not put my two cents in and just let them make the decisions. They're really doing a great job...but I feel very disconnected.
Today my brain was mush and I told them I wasn't responsible for anything I taught them wrong because of it, so they started blaming all their mistakes on me~we actually we were having a lot of good laughs over it. Actually the publisher came in and said we were all just having too much fun, and to keep it up ~ smile~ I asked him to fire me because of all my mistakes (then I could collect unemployment) at first he said he could do that, and then it dawned on him and he said he's already reached his quota for people collecting unemployment because of his firing them ~another good laugh for us all.

Home's been busy getting ready for our last thrift sale that starts tomorrow night. My house is so, so, so, I don't know boxes everywhere and it feels sooo dirty but it's hard to do anything about it. Can't wait to get the thrift sale behind us.

I've been house and job hunting via the internet. Called on several houses and someone in Anchorage is going to drive by them and see if it's something that will work for our family and then I'll take it from there. I received a possible job offer. I don't know the details because the father is out of town until next week, so we'll see. Next week I'm going to spend time sending out resume's for both Brother Nowling and myself. I have to keep reminding myself, one step at a time. Thrift sale, then house/job hunting and then some more packing when I'm on vacation.

Anyway, don't forget to think on "I am the vine, and ye are the branches".

8 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

I really like the new look. Thanks for the thought-provoking scriptures as well.

J Nowling said...

Thanks, I do too. Jenna said she thought of me when she saw it. I saw a newspaper and she saw a book. Which do you see?

Momma Tammi said...

I see one of those really old ornate books that just begs to be read.

The Middle J said...

LOL!!!!!!! sorry my tired mind found that funny- I at first took it as you calling my mom a really OLD ornate book :P which you might have and I find that extreamly funny- hehe- but then again you may not have been :D

Rebekah Doran said...

Love that new look! It looks really neat.

Momma Tammi said...

Oh Jen! I can't type for laughing. No, I wasn't calling your Mom an old, ornate book, but that is funny that you would think so. I was responding to her question as to what I saw when I opened her blog, a book (like you) or a newspaper (like her). *I'm still giggling! That is great!*

The Middle J said...

at 4:30am my fuzzy couldnt read straight and for a few seconds I seriously thought you were calling my mom that- which I thought was so funny- priceless moment- then I realized you werent but was still laughing about it when I crawled back into bed- heehee- actually i'm still laughing at the thought of that

Momma Tammi said...

I'm still laughing about you thinking that I called your mom an old book. We are way too tired. ~giggle~