Friday, August 25, 2006

Last Day at Work, Last day of Packing

Wow. It was finally here. My last day after 9 years at The Dunn County News. I did ok. Steve, the publisher, my boss, pulled off a pizza party, cake, a card with a gas card in it (didn't want to buy something that I'd have to leave behind), almost everyone from the office was there, and the biggest surprise of all, my family was there. He emailed Jody to be there at noon. My family has also done a lot at the News office. Jessa actually got a paper route and that's how I got my job. I was so frustrated with the circulation manager when they advertised for a circulation clerk (6 months after we moved to Menomonie) I was bagging Jessa's papers when I saw it, dropped everything, went in and filled out the application, got a call that night from the publisher, interviewed the next day and started part-time and two months later was full-time circulation manager. The other two girls also got routes, they all helped with "down" routes, Jody drove the truck from the printer to the News, did "down" motor routes, and he and the girls have cleaned the office for over a year. So it really became a family affair and Steve, the publisher wanted to honor that. There was tears from different ones. Most importantly Steve and I shared some kind words between us and some more tears. He started just 6 months before I did. We had been through a lot of changes together. Any way it was a good day and a sad day. He told me I could go home early but I didn't have a car because the oil was getting changed. So he actually brought me home (I only live a mile from work). Now a new chapter will be starting and I truly felt the best wishes from most all of them.

So now we have the last of the packing. We tare down the beds in the morning. Our helpers arrive at 9 am so we have to have the beds down before then.

The internet goes off tonight but we'll be at a hotel tomorrow night so we'll let you know how trailer loading goes. I keep reminding myself of all the prayers and I know the Lord knows what we need to take...so it's in His hands.

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Thinking of you guys and praying that you will get a good night's rest and accomplish everything in quick order. Love you and see ya soon!

Vicki Smith said...

Praying for you. Wishing you Godspeed!