Thursday, June 22, 2006

Anchorage Daily News Called

The Anchorage Daily News called me while on the golf course helping to run the Million Dollar Shoot Out (that's another story). Any way, he said he was given my resume and with my skills he's certain there'll be a place for me. At this time he was looking at a District Manager position (I knew it). I listened but then told him that is the one position I wouldn't be interested in. It's keeping delivery routes filled and having to do them if they're not filled. The hours would be 3 am - 10 am. I told him I'm burnt out in that part of the job after 9 years of it. That I wasn't trying to be negative but I knew I couldn't give my best in that area because my best was already given (something like that). He was nice (I wouldn't say REAL nice, but nice). He asked me to call back at the end of August and see what was open. He said he was still confident that they would be able to use me. I'm planning on calling HR too at that time to look at the advertising end of things as for the last years I've been involved in that. PTL. I know the Lord has exactly what I need!

It's been a busy week started out stressful, but now just busy. I have done a lot of things out of routine on my job which has been a nice change. Yesterday started at 5:30 am and I didn't get home until 10 pm. Long day--but it was a beautiful day (especially weather wise).

I'll write more later as I've got to get to work.

3 comments:

Juls4Him said...

Hi Sister...I can imagine how stressful it is to try to line up a job or even put out feelers so far away. I did that years ago but these days it's so much harder. I was praying for you all while I was on my trip to Canada. Sister Tammi had reported to me about your yard sale success so I was happy to hear that. Keep pacing yourself. It will all get done. Hugs and prayers...Sis Julie

J Nowling said...

Thank you sister for your encouraging words and your prayers. The Lord has been good!

Rebekah Doran said...

Hey! Jacob would sure enjoy seeing a comment from you guys today. :)