Monday, June 19, 2006

Great Father's Day

Yesterday was a good day. No doing any work (until about 10 pm last night when I went grocery shopping). We had a good morning service. Honored our MAN, Brother Nowling is the only man and we did a good job honoring him as he was crying, although he started making jokes to cover it. His mom was there too so that made it special.

We relaxed in the afternoon. Every other weekend our one other member works and our one regular vistor never comes in the evening so we didn't have evening service. Another reason to look forward to Alaska. Anyway, once a hear the Drum and bugle corp always have a competition here in Menomonie. The newspaper where I work is title (major) sponsor so we get VIP seats and a buffet dinner for the event. They the coordinator also gave me 3 general admission seats so the girls could go. It was long but enjoyable. Brother Nowling was even looking forward to it. At the end a rep from each sponsor presents the medals. I was chosen again this year (this year because it'll be my last) and I presented a medal to a drum major in each division and was privileged to present the gold member to the 1st division Madison Scouts. Joleesa and Jenna had come down to the field and was talking with to the newspaper photographer (Jessa stayed in the stands and Brother Nowling and his mom upstairs in their VIP seats). The coordinator came by and I introduced them to the girls. She is so in awe of us going to Alaska for the Lord. Anyway, as the medals were being presented one by one she motioned over by Jenna (we thought she was motioning to the photographer when she meant Jenna). She had Jenna present a medal (I believe it was the first one of the night). Jenna was in shock and honored, and so was I. She handed her camera to me. I got a picture but I'm not sure how good it was. Anyway it put a seal on good day.

Today's another busy day. I have an employee gone this morning then I have to over to one of our sister newspapers who got a new classified advertising computer system and they need help. I'll be going there 4 of 5 days this week. Then Wed-Fri. the Optimist Club is haivng a Million Dollar Golf Shoot Out and the newspaper is a major sponsor of that so I'll be working afternoons and into the evening on that. So another busy week as then I still have things at home to do.

Have a great day

3 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Wow! You had a great day! I hope that the picture turned out and Jen posts it. I'm glad that you had a wonderful time.

Momma Tammi said...

Sorry, I deleted the double post because Blogger was having difficulties earlier.

The Middle J said...

The picture was ok- a bit blurry and its not zoomed in but enough for me :o)- Presenting the first medal of the night was so cool.

I didn't post that picture but I have posted several from the even including ones of mom presenting the medals for the top of each division