Sunday, June 18, 2006

My Dad

I closed up the thrift sale after just a couple of hours because it was so dead and so hot. Jenna did sell $8 worth of stuff when somebody walked into our garage because we forgot to close it and even though things were boxed up they still looked

Jody and I then went for breakfast. I so look forward to Saturday mornings with because all week long we catch seconds on the phone with each other and that's it. We hadn't even really discussed what's happened in the church, yet alone what's happened in our family. I left him a note as to the results of the thrift sale.

From there he took me shopping for some pants. Unfortunately we had to stay local as we didn't have time but I have put on weight ~sticking bottom lip out~ and my clothes just aren't fitting any more. I hate shopping for pants but I finally found some.

Then we headed over to Joleesa's friends graduation party (we were later then what we hoped to be). From there we headed to Minnesota to see my dad for father's day (and my mom too). They're in a nursing home. And pick up Jody's mom to stay for a week. I really missed our van - we couldn't all go as there wasn't room and Jessa stayed back. I hate it when we can't all be together. But thanks Jessa, the house looked good. It was a challenge considering. The dining room is still being used as our storage - I hope to clear that out soon.

Anyway then my parents. We had a great visit with them. Both my mom and dad cry easy but they were in such good spirits. We got my dad a hat from Alaska with Alaska written on it and then eagles, the brim had mountains and eagles embroidered on it too. My mom even put the hat on for pictures. Then she even put it on backwards. Joleesa kept shaking her head. She knew she had crazy parents but she's rarely seen my parents act crazy. They then started talking about our move and they were really encouraging. Mom said she started to worry about the actual trip one day but then she remembered we were going to do God's work so she knew He would take care of us. My dad want's us to look into getting him airline tickets. It was great. As we went to leave Jenna was taking pictures of each of us with each of them and it dawned on me how long it's been since I've had my picture taken with my parents. They turned out great. I'm sure she'll be posting them. When I went to sit by dad on his bed, he put his arm around me but then insulted me about my weight. He was laughing but this is something he's done ever since I started putting weight on (after the girls were born). I told him I was going to pinch him until he said he was sorry and he was laughing and said he wouldn't say he was sorry. Men can be so insensitive...anyway we had to go and I told them we'd be back next weekend but I was coming to see mom but not him unless he told me he was sorry between now and then. We all were laughing but inside it still hurt. I don't know if he'll ever understand, after all he is a man and even my husband had a hard time understanding. All in all it was one of our best visits ever.

Everyone have a great fathers day.

1 comments:

J Nowling said...

Thrift "sale". No it's Wisconsin thing because Minnesota uses yard or garage sale. I'm not sure why Wisconsin (anyway Menomonie) uses "thrift" sale.