Thursday, June 08, 2006

Multi-tasking & Decisions

I have always been one who loves variety. Multi-tasking is what I do best. But I'm tired of never being able to finish one project without a thousand others jumping up to be done or waiting in the wings. I have to force myself to complete one without taking on another, or other wise my brain starts dropping things. Go figure.

I feel like I have 3 lives wrapped up in one. Church, home, and work. There's a thread that connects all three together but I have to switch gears for each one. Now I feel like there's a fourth gear, church is broken out to Alaska and the Great Lakes Region. I don't know if any of this is making sense...God is the thread that connects them all together in me (or through me). God is the constant for me and I'm the common denominator. As I have (and/or get) to be involved in all of these. Sometimes (like now) they seem disconnected and then there are times they blend in one with another. I am soooo glad that God never changes. When everything is changing around me, He is my solid rock.

Now decisions...oh to be a baby again when you don't have to make ANY decisions. There are days where I feel like I could scream if I have to make one more decision. I'm not talking about personal decisions but decisions that are in regards to other people, our children (in particular), a member, an employee, or a customer. Solomon was was wiser than any of us can imagine, as his request, when he could've had ANYTHING was for WISDOM. Oh Lord, give us wisdom! As parents give us wisdom. As leaders give us wisdom. As witnesses give us wisdom. And oh Lord, give the presbretery wisdom, direction and selflessness.

Silence usually drives me crazy, but I would love to be secluded away from the everyday things of life to seek His face for the Church, and for our family. I get a few minutes here and there but not true seclusion. Then again could I handle the silence.

Over the years I've had a journal that I've written on rare occasions when extreme bad or good has occurred...now it has become my blog. I hope you don't entering into that part of my world.

Good news--Joleesa is finally caught up with her homeschooling. Now if we can just get her done early so that will be behind us. Also, our first thrift sale is 6/17 & 18. We kept putting it off until I finally said let's just do it. Also, Brother Nowling and my resumes are done. So some small steps (and yet so big in a way) have been put into motion.

Thanks for putting up with my, my...I'm not sure what you would call it.

Love you all.

7 comments:

The Middle J said...

I ♥ you Mom

Momma Tammi said...

Sometimes, being able to put our thoughts and/or feelings down in print helps us get through all the chaos and craziness that comes with moving. That is why I started my blog last year. When everything started happening all at once, being able to blog about it brought back some sanity to all the chaos. Blog away! We're here to listen. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey! We are having our sale that day too!!!
We are having a yard sale. This time we really want to sell the yard too!LOL!

J Nowling said...

LOL Annette. Sis. Tammi and Sis. Smith, you two have been an inspiration and encouragement to me already. I see how the Lord is using you now and made you at home where you're at and it is encouraging.

Pray for Brother Nowling, as he is putting in so many hours working as to try to raise the money. I keep praying that the Lord will help us to keep peace in our home as we do this. As the stress level rises so does all of 5 peoples emotions.

Thanks for all of your loving words. And...I'll need you to keep it coming as the days go by.

Momma Tammi said...

God is able to bring peace in the midst of the storm (STRESS)! ~smile~ As Sis. Smith has always told me, "God doesn't order anything that He doesn't pay for." Hang on to the words "Peace be still" and the assurance that God knows exactly what you need financially to make this move and He will provide. There were times my husband thought that I was nuts when I would remind him that God ordered it and God would make a way, but in the end, he saw God work it all out abundantly. I know that you believe that God can, just wanted to encourage you that He has already planned a way.

Juls4Him said...

Even though my cross country moves were never because of ministry, some of our decisions were based on trying to find our way back to the ship (TCOG). We were drifting around and looking for where we could find a strong cogop church. It was amazing how the Lord led us to the ship but the cross country moves for jobs and finding a solid church (as far as possible) was very stressful. We moved from AZ to TX to NC and always after I just felt at home somewhere. I think the worst move was three years ago when we moved one county over for the Church. I had just gotten to know everyone in the other town and we may as well have moved across country because we don't see those people anymore. So I really relate to what you are facing...except Alaska is a bigger step than I ever took (unless you count Key West where I lived for two years and didn't even consider part of the United States!). I know that God will help you and provide as the ladies have said. He did it for us when we weren't even in ministry so I know He will be looking out for you in a special way!

J Nowling said...

I am amazed at how many of you ladies God has placed in my path that have been in similiar situations. God is sooo good.

It's not that we haven't moved before...in our first 13 years of marriage we moved 11 times. But the furthest was from central MN to Southern, WI. All within a day's drive, so a couple of trucks, a trailer and some cars could do it...