Thursday, June 15, 2006

Thrift sale tomorrow

Our thrift sale is tomorrow. Please Lord hold of the rain, our garage isn't big enough and we need everything to sale.

There is soooo much stuff. We really have made a big dent in things. The girls have worked hard on everything. Especially Jenna as she's been home. If you know Jenna once she starts something and get's it in her mind how it's going to work it's really hard to know how to help her. She did good tonight as we worked together organizing everything. But we really do need the rain to hold off.

Well we've got to be up at 5 am to get everything out there. We're on a main thoroughfare and once that garage door opens everyone thinks it's time. And I blew it once again. I forgot to get any change and the banks don't open until 8am and so does our sale. Soooo people will have to wait or just pay extra (that sounds good to me) until I get back with change. I'm glad I told them at work I probably wouldn't be in until 9 am cuz now I definitely know I wont.

Thanks for the prayers! Please pray the rain holds off, I know we really need it but it can wait until Saturday afternoon.

Love ya all.

5 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Praying for the sale, now I'll pray for the weather. Hope all goes well.

Anonymous said...

Of course our prayers are with you.
A question, would it be uncooth to put a jar out for donations. Since our sale is to help finance our move.

The Middle J said...

I think considering you are in the Bible belt that would work- i thought about doing something here like that but I dont think we ewould get any where with it- ppl are cheap around here

J Nowling said...

Oh our Sister Smith is back and you don't know how much I appreciate your words off encouragement when your plate is so full.

Love ya Sister.

J Nowling said...

Oh and Sister Annette I hope you did put a jar out. I didn't see your post until this evening. Brother Nowling was wanting us to put a sign up but I didn't. I think I may just do the jar thing at our last sale in August. People knew we were moving to Alaska for church work because Brother Nowling's last message for the religion column ended with that fact and the editor used that for the heading for the jump page. Then our ad said "Moving to Alaska" first of two sales.