Friday, June 16, 2006

Thank you, thank you, thank you -Thrift Sale Successful!

Thank you for your prayers. Thank you God for holding off the rain and bringing the people in. It's been a long day as we started putting things out at 5 am. I mean all of us were out there at 5 am and Jessa and Brother Nowling don't get home from work until after 11 pm and they were up. Our sale wasn't to start until 8 am and by 6 am we had people here. By 8 am we had already made about $200. I had to go to an ATM and then a grocery store to get change as the people weren't about to wait. I went into work at 9 am and we had been really busy.

Jenna and Joleesa really had it tough as it was 88 degrees and humid. People of course tried to talk us down in price, it was amazing how even the first thing in the morning they did that. Then you had them coming and wanting to buy but didn't have their money until they went to the bank and wanted us to hold it. Then you have the elderly man who forgot his billfold on his dresser and his wife is short $5 to pay for it with her cash so he offers to leave his wife as collateral as he goes and gets it (*great big grin*). He was joking but I took their number and she came right back with it. Then you have two people arguing over a 10' aluminan ladder that was $25. We've had lots of thrift sales over the years but it was definitely interesting and this was just during the time I was there. Read Jenna's blog about my calling the police. ~shakes head~

Oh would you like to know how much we made. Well I had a goal in mind and we made our goal!!! So PTL! Oh are you still wondering how much it was *grins* God is soooooo good.

After my brother picks up the stuff he's buying we will have made just slightly over $1000 (if he buys our gun cabinet it'll obviously be more). Oh and we still have tomorrow morning. There's not a whole lot out there right now. But we do have a couple of bigger things. A dresser, a box of 11th grade Abeka homeschooling material and a kerosene heater. Considering how hot it was, no one was remembering the cold so they weren't thinking of heaters but hopefully someone will tomorrow.

Besides reaching our goal, our sale was to end at 6 pm, we brought everything in about 5:45 pm and at 5:55 it started to sprinkle. It's suppose to storm tonight and rain tomorrow so we'll see what happens. Everything will fit in the garage now, but I don't know if people will come out in the rain. That's all right we'll just hold on to everything until our August sale.

Thanks again for your prayers. Please continue to pray for my unspoken request. I wish I could share it but the Lord knows.

Well I'm going to sink down on the couch and snooze until I have to pick Joleesa up from work at 10 pm. God bless you all. I love you.

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

What wonderful news! I am so happy for you guys! Praise the Lord for His blessings!

marshasblog said...

Praise the Lord...God is sooooo Good!!